Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Change gone wrong

leonz1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V6 Commodore Lumina
Thank you all for your tips and ideas. I will keep see what happens tomorrow and keep yous posted!

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
You cant use a pump to change the oil. What you need to do it STOP touching your car. Throw away your tools because you don't know how to use them. And get a mobile mechanic or tow it to a mechanic on Monday. In future pay a mechanic to service your car.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cant be any more honest. Its an oil change and bolts only round if your using cheap tools or the incorrect size.

WHGenIII

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice S2 5.7L
what about them easy out reverse thread things iv heard they work but wouldnt kno

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
what about them easy out reverse thread things iv heard they work but wouldnt kno

Sounds like a very bad idea. With your track record with spanners you have a better chance of the drill slipping off the bolt and punching a hole in the sump. In all seriousness, leave it to a mechanic.

leonz1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V6 Commodore Lumina
Before you say " you can't use a pump to change the engine oil", I suggest you have a look this on Youtube.

OIL EXTRACTOR Pump for Quick Easy & Clean Oil Changes - YouTube

Secondly, this website and forums is for people to share ideas and knowledge about their Commodores regardless of their mechanical skills! Some people who are skilled but still happy to pay other mechanic to work on their cars cos they can't be bothered or have better things to do with their time. But some unskilled people like to learn the process of basic or simple maintenance of their vehicle. It's not about paying or not paying someone to do the job, its about whether you want to work on your car yourself or by someone else! I bet you wouldn't like someone else working your girlfriend or wife right...lol

You cant use a pump to change the oil. What you need to do it STOP touching your car. Throw away your tools because you don't know how to use them. And get a mobile mechanic or tow it to a mechanic on Monday. In future pay a mechanic to service your car.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Just because there is a video on Youtube doesn't mean it works or is the correct thing to do.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Before you say " you can't use a pump to change the engine oil", I suggest you have a look this on Youtube.

OIL EXTRACTOR Pump for Quick Easy & Clean Oil Changes - YouTube

Secondly, this website and forums is for people to share ideas and knowledge about their Commodores regardless of their mechanical skills! Some people who are skilled but still happy to pay other mechanic to work on their cars cos they can't be bothered or have better things to do with their time. But some unskilled people like to learn the process of basic or simple maintenance of their vehicle. It's not about paying or not paying someone to do the job, its about whether you want to work on your car yourself or by someone else! I bet you wouldn't like someone else working your girlfriend or wife right...lol

Seems like a really weird way of doing something simple and theirs no guarantee you are getting to the bottom of the sump. Any one who has looked inside a sump will understand. Which is why I made he comment "you cant use a pump to change the engine oil" I accept some people want need help to learn and want to work on their own cars, there are also people who have no mechanical aptitude and should not need to leave it to someone who does.