Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Omerta's VS Acclaim

Benneh69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Hey mate like your car, looks sweet on that chop :p can't wait to see it actually lowered!

Also I think I got the same suspension as you... ultras all round + Monroe GT shocks/struts? (SSL Fronts + SSSL Rear)?

They made my car sit so nice. Will look so good on yours :)

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
Cheers Benneh... yeah, the chop looks pretty sweet hey! I've been looking at it at least once or twice a day since my suspension package arrived haha. I can't wait to see it actually lowered as well! Saturday can't come any sooner.... get down and dirty and drop the bitch :p

Yep, sounds like the same set up to me ;)

Last edited:

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
Soooooooooo, today was successful - She's now lowered!

Happy with how it sits, but hoping the rear drops a smidge lower once the springs settle.

The day wasn't without its up and downs but :bang: took myself and good assistance of my mate 5ish hours to complete the job on our own, test cruise included :p

Front right strut bearing casing is f u c k e d... after compressing the stock spring, and taking of the top nut etc got a nice surprise of lil ball bearings bouncing around everywhere :( so will have to source a strut or if I can just pick up a new casing. Slight small knock in the front right when going over bumps... but meh, she's lowered! Will fix this problem asap! Discovered I had nolathane bushes as well, so thats cool :p Also, discovered one of my rear shocks was shot.. so lucky I was replacing everything anyways :)

Didn't get the job finished in time today to get a wheel alignment, so will try and get one after work on Monday.. Will look into getting a camber kit soon as well.

No progress pics, hands were in no state to be handling a camera hahaha... Will update with pics once I wash the car and get some decent weather to go out and get some snaps :)

Last edited:

Benneh69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais

Happy with how it sits, but hoping the rear drops a smidge lower once the springs settle.

The day wasn't without its up and downs but :bang: took myself and good assistance of my mate 5ish hours to complete the job on our own, test cruise included :p

Front right strut bearing casing is f u c k e d... after compressing the stock spring, and taking of the top nut etc got a nice surprise of lil ball bearings bouncing around everywhere :( so will have to source a strut or if I can just pick up a new casing. Slight small knock in the front right when going over bumps... but meh, she's lowered! Will fix this problem asap! Discovered I had nolathane bushes as well, so thats cool :p Also, discovered one of my rear shocks was shot.. so lucky I was replacing everything anyways :)

Didn't get the job finished in time today to get a wheel alignment, so will try and get one after work on Monday.. Will look into getting a camber kit soon as well.

No progress pics, hands were in no state to be handling a camera hahaha... Will update with pics once I wash the car and get some decent weather to go out and get some snaps :)

#### yeah! Haha yeah my mate and I lowered my Calais too, we started at 8pm and finished up at about 2am in the morning lmao. I know exactly what you mean about handling a camera, mine was soooo filthy at the end of the night.

About the bearings, believe it or not the exact same thing happened to me hahah, had the spring compressed and the strut held in the vice grip. Took off the top nut and bearings all over the garage, was the worst at 1am when we just wanted to finish it off. You should just be able to do what I did - pick up a new strut bearing and pop that on and all will be sweet :p

Did you have any trouble getting the rear springs out? My spring seats were a bitch to get the stock ones over -.-

If you end up finding a decent camber kit let me know, I'm still yet to get one haha. 5 months and almost 2 sets of tyres on the rear later...

Cant wait to see her sacked :D

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim

Pics up nowww! :) atleast a teaser, cmon!

i had the exact same happen to my front shocks, my left one is missing a few bearings and when turning going slow it likes to tick, but the other side is fine.

howd you find your first ride? was it much bumpier or because you bought the shocks it feels nice?

GET A PICTURE UP!

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
#### yeah! Haha yeah my mate and I lowered my Calais too, we started at 8pm and finished up at about 2am in the morning lmao. I know exactly what you mean about handling a camera, mine was soooo filthy at the end of the night.

About the bearings, believe it or not the exact same thing happened to me hahah, had the spring compressed and the strut held in the vice grip. Took off the top nut and bearings all over the garage, was the worst at 1am when we just wanted to finish it off. You should just be able to do what I did - pick up a new strut bearing and pop that on and all will be sweet :p

Did you have any trouble getting the rear springs out? My spring seats were a bitch to get the stock ones over -.-

If you end up finding a decent camber kit let me know, I'm still yet to get one haha. 5 months and almost 2 sets of tyres on the rear later...

Cant wait to see her sacked :D

Hahaha, yeah I would of liked to have progress pics for the memories etc... but ahh well!

Yeah spewing aye, we were compressing the new springs onto the monroe strut on the grass to protect the finish... and messed up somewhere along the lines, anyways go to lift the top nut off and the casing sperated again and all the ball bearings went through my mates front lawn :| was fun and games trying to friggn' try and find em again haha!

Yeah, when I said new strut... I meant to source a new strut bearing casing thingy from that. Where did you pic yours up from mate?

The rears were a little tricky.. trial and error, at one point thought **** ...Will we have to take off the drive shaft? LOL :p anyways, some common sense prevailed. How we ended up doing it was, using the spring compressor vice thingy ma bob... clamp it, then got a trusty wooden block sat that between the lifted bottom end of the spring and the seat, annnnd then got the jack pole and pulled down on the bar thingy hahahah real technical professional method :p

Will do man, but don't be lazy... two sets of rears! I would of got a camber kit after the first set :p

Pics up nowww! :) atleast a teaser, cmon!

i had the exact same happen to my front shocks, my left one is missing a few bearings and when turning going slow it likes to tick, but the other side is fine.

howd you find your first ride? was it much bumpier or because you bought the shocks it feels nice?

GET A PICTURE UP!

Hahaha... ahhh man, you should know me by now, like to do **** proper and make everything look 'pretty' n 'nice' :p

Hmmm, seems a trend aye? At least its not that big of a problem really...

First ride was good, just took it easy for a bit. Then started to load her up more and more in corners... handles awesome now, not much difference really with bumps etc... rides real nice man :)

pics up asap :p

Pics soon! Sydney managed to turn on a alright day today... washed the comanchero :p and went cruising.

Found a awesome place to snap some shots.... so plenty coming soon

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
So here is a couple of new pics (I took about 60 photos today haha :whistling)

P1220554.jpg

P1220557.jpg

P1220559.jpg

P1220562.jpg

P1220564.jpg