Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OOOH No My Tire Went Bang on the "Q"

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Its Taiwan

Nankang Rubber Tire

Manufacturing company

1710389308393.png

Nankang Rubber Tire Corp., Ltd. manufactures automobile tires and other synthetic rubber products. The company's products include locomotive tires, and tires for light trucks, sedan cars, sport utility vehicles and snowfield-use vehicles. Wikipedia
Headquarters: Taipei City, Taipei, Taiwan
Founded: 25 February 1959

Profiles
1710389308443.png

LinkedIn

1710389308492.png

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry for the pics I had to do this because the time we live in.

The below is before LOOK at the Rim.

The Below is after Look no Rim

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Once again I try not to lie although other people have effected me by lying to me. I might say something outrageous and people don't believe me until it to LATE.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Reactions: Lex

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What I have found is know body stocks 245/60 r15 but can get 275 60 r15 so i'm stuffed here, On there site they have them but its different when you ring them. All I can get in both sizes is Nankang Who is Nankang????

They've been around for a few decades now....

My suggestion is, get cheap tyres for the car.

You don't drive it too far and a very good chance the new brand you get will outlast you..(no offense intended with that comment either).

Yes, I understand you are used to the big name brands like Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli etc etc, but at this stage of your life, I wouldn't be overly concerned about going cheap...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
And to throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

There are some cheap branded tyres people have said are crap, that I wouldn't hesistate to put on my cars.

Some of these brands make truck tyres, that are designed to carry 10+tonnes each, operate from sub-zero to 50+ degrees, coping a pounding for hours on end, on our lovely roads and get where ever they go in one piece. So they can't be that crap....

I have never ever heard a truck driver say, geez, that $5000 Michelin tyre saved me from smacking into a tossbag car driver....Nor have I heard them say, that $300 cheap Chinese junk caused me to slam into that power pole....

Yes, people are going to say what I have posted in a load of crap, I'm full of it and all the rest that goes with it, but when you deal with truck drivers that would do more kays in a month than we do in a year, it's a bit hard to ignore those facts....

So I'll leave it with you

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various

There are some cheap branded tyres people have said are crap, that I wouldn't hesistate to put on my cars.

Some of these brands make truck tyres, that are designed to carry 10+tonnes each, operate from sub-zero to 50+ degrees, coping a pounding for hours on end, on our lovely roads and get where ever they go in one piece. So they can't be that crap....

I have never ever heard a truck driver say, geez, that $5000 Michelin tyre saved me from smacking into a tossbag car driver....Nor have I heard them say, that $300 cheap Chinese junk caused me to slam into that power pole....

Yes, people are going to say what I have posted in a load of crap, I'm full of it and all the rest that goes with it, but when you deal with truck drivers that would do more kays in a month than we do in a year, it's a bit hard to ignore those facts....

I've run both Sailun's and Winruns on both of our dailies for a combined 200,000km and they've been amazing, good tread wear and long life.

Just because something is made in China doesn't automatically mean it's junk......the chinese can make things as good as anyone else when they put their minds to it.

The VE has Sailuns on it now and those have taken me to 4 different states and back without issue.

It's 2024, just because something is chinese doesn't mean it's of poor quality anymore.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Found your new tyres yet?
Got a set of 4 BF Goodrich two 245/60R15 and set of rear 275/60R15 . I told him that there is NO 245/60R15 in Australia and he got a deposit from me and rang back later (30Min later) that 245 are not available In Australia and wont be available until mid April. I hate liars

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

All I want is a tyre or 4 off them, Today these companies are liers

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a set of 4 BF Goodrich two 245/60R15 and set of rear 275/60R15 . I told him that there is NO 245/60R15 in Australia and he got a deposit from me and rang back later (30Min later) that 245 are not available In Australia and wont be available until mid April. I hate liars
Fuc.k me today I gave today $400 to one mob and $250 Deposit to another mob and I PRE WARNED THEM this tyre is unavailable in Australia and in both cases they said they are available and again in both cases after they got the money from me only to ring back to tell me that BF Goodrich 245/60R15 are not available and wont be available until mid April (bullshit I say later all because they LIED)