Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OOOH No My Tire Went Bang on the "Q"

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I've run both Sailun's and Winruns on both of our dailies for a combined 200,000km and they've been amazing, good tread wear and long life.

Just because something is made in China doesn't automatically mean it's junk......the chinese can make things as good as anyone else when they put their minds to it.

The VE has Sailuns on it now and those have taken me to 4 different states and back without issue.

It's 2024, just because something is chinese doesn't mean it's of poor quality anymore.
I have Chinese Tyres on the Front of our VE. When I got the car it had two Chinese tyres on it so I decide to buy the same and have to get them from Melbourne.
As it stand if it has rubber on it and its 245 and 275 60 R15 I will buy it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've run both Sailun's and Winruns on both of our dailies for a combined 200,000km and they've been amazing, good tread wear and long life.

Just because something is made in China doesn't automatically mean it's junk......the chinese can make things as good as anyone else when they put their minds to it.

The VE has Sailuns on it now and those have taken me to 4 different states and back without issue.

It's 2024, just because something is chinese doesn't mean it's of poor quality anymore.

I love it when people say they won't use tyres that are made in places like China and then proceed to buy a name brand they want..Then I make a comment like, you know they have a plant in China and there is a chance the tyres you are getting are made there...Or even point it out on the tyres they are getting.

It's a mindset people have and end up falling flat on their faces....

And funny you mention using Winruns...I remember the early days of them being released into the Aussie market.....Absolute junk...Nothing but problems set after set.....They have turned themselves around to be a trouble free tyre now....Goes to show what sort of company they are, which is a big plus in my books...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got 4 Nankang Taiwan tyres late last night on ebay for FS. 2X 245 60R15 and 2 275 60 R15 from Tempe Tyres in Sydney. I know this mob, purchase tyres fro them 30 years ago.
I must have rang at least 25 companies IN Brisbane for BF Goodrich. Most said looking a stock from BF Goodrich there was "0" ZERO 245/60 15 available. but two companies said they are available and I question them about this. One dude said I CAN See the Stocks available and 5 are available so I said in this case because they have to come from Melbourne they wanted a Deposit so left them $500 and after 15 minutes they rang back Sorry there not available after getting My $500. He said wont be available until end of April . Other companies said not available at ALL or may June.

The Other Company was similar, they got $200 from me after I pleaded to them with my wife present on a open phone that I have been told there not available in AUSTRALIA but still got my $200 now that $700 waiting to get back and this company ran back and told me there not available until mid April.
the Lot of them are nothing but a bunch of LIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Nankang I got on ebay were $45 per tyre cheaper then anyone else + I got a Discount by Ebay + that save me $48.
I hate Liers as in once case a Liers cost me over $85,000, I hate them to a point of DEATH. Most on this Planet are not what I and other were like in the early days, Trust what a person says.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Fuc.k me today I gave today $400 to one mob and $250 Deposit to another mob and I PRE WARNED THEM this tyre is unavailable in Australia and in both cases they said they are available and again in both cases after they got the money from me only to ring back to tell me that BF Goodrich 245/60R15 are not available and wont be available until mid April (bullshit I say later all because they LIED)

If you know there is no stock why pay the money?

A bit like being zapped by an electric fence then complaining when it gets you again

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I am aware places will ask for a deposit for tyres, as alot of suppliers charge the store for returns...And lets face it, that's not a common size, so the chances of onselling quickly is quite slim.....So they'd have to be returned

As for full price...Only time I have ever heard someone asking to pay for things before getting them is when a business is going under and I have heard for special order stuff....

So there are the 3 different reasons behind asking for money before receiving the goods...And personally I wouldn't have given a big amount like that...A smaller figure would have been more acceptable in my opinion

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
They've been around for a few decades now....

My suggestion is, get cheap tyres for the car.

You don't drive it too far and a very good chance the new brand you get will outlast you..(no offense intended with that comment either).

Yes, I understand you are used to the big name brands like Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli etc etc, but at this stage of your life, I wouldn't be overly concerned about going cheap...
Yeah it might last longer than the lot of us if Putin get his wish

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you know there is no stock why pay the money?

A bit like being zapped by an electric fence then complaining when it gets you again
Because they said we need a Deposit otherwise we wont take your order. In some way I dont blame them as there is a lot of people that order things and they dont pick up so the shop has a delema and they are stuck with these tyres that nobody uses.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are the 275 on the rear rims yet?
If so, how do they look? Thats a lot tyre for a 7" rim.
Yes today and the last 46 years I have 275/60R15 on 7 Inch rims on the rear. They look good, hope the new NanKang look good but anyhow I need new tyres and because to get the right combo is just about impossible. I would like to have BF Goodrich, you can get 275/60R15 but the 245/60R15 is not in Australia not unless a tyre mob has one or two stashed out the back where they forgot they have them. As it stands Tempe Tyres has shipped the Nankang tyres out 2X245/60r15 and 2x275/60r15 for me but the tyre issue has stopped me ( this is for education purposes only im too old and to stupid to do this) TESTING so from today to Monday (next 10 days) rought a fortnight I'm very busy testing and watching the F1 and the V8s so doing testing on my new part of my sat system where I will be able to get the feed that goes to Europe for the F1 in 4K and Upscale it to 8K 7,680 horizontal and 4,320 vertical pixels.
99.998% of the Population has never seen 8K in Action in a special "Z" series 85 inch 8K Sony TV. All Satellite Feeds for the F1 is encrypted and the problem is its in Chroma 4:2:2 not 4:2:0....The 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 are different methods of colour sampling during signal encoding. - 4:2:0 records less colour information than 4:2:2 so 4:2:2 is superior.
Now there is no Satellite box available on Planet Earth that does 4:2:2 so what I have to do is Sample the stream in the Computer room on our i7 with a GPU that has a RTX 3090 ti GPU and DVB Dream to open it use VLC to decode it then send the Video via a a HDMI Cable across the tile floor and the Carpet so I can plug the input on my Sat TV Room then sent it to my 85 in 8K tv. now because I'm send so much data via a HDMI cable the Cable will fail to have a correct handshake so I have to use a (hand on measure it with my feet) 15 mtrs and 15 Mtrs of FIBRE HDMI Cable cost me a Fortune ($350 odd US Dollars) give and take 1 or 5 US Dollars and if I had to do a perment connection I will need 50 odd Mtrs (up and down the wall) and this is horendos how much it will cost.
Im happy running a special cable across the tiles and the carpet once a year as long that people in the house in this day does not trip on it and damage the Cable(Forget them).

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Photos for Mr Lex
This photo shows the HDMI Female port (EXAMPLE LEAD PLUGGED In the computer room)when I plug the HDMI Fibre cable in so it goes to the Sat TV Room.

Closer sample lead plugged in. Normal the Female HDMI is by it self with a dust protector

This photo is one of the Two computer that I can Sample all Channels that I get via The Satellite and for the First time IP. For the IP and more advance Satellite stuff I had to buy a Satellite Card that cab handle this and had to change from Win 7 to Win 10 as most of programs dont like Win 10 or 11 + had to BUY (not hacked version yet) of DVB Dream V3.7.2 and it was fussy and took weeks to sort it out via drivers and other.

And the Last photo is where I plug the HDMI 15 mtr in the Sat TV room The HDMI Matrix Switchers and Splitters. Look at the Bottom one its says ULTRA HD 4:4:4 which is better than 4:2:2: Ready for the Next step.

Reactions: Lex