Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

other awesome aussie cars

czerwonyVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8 A4
i will start with the chrysler valiant e49 charger R/T 4spd w/ 265 hemi.

a 6 cylinder with over 300hp, that would run mid 14 second quarters, in 1972. amazing.

charger-2.jpg

charger-1.jpg

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
ouch. wonder if it'll be any quicker with modern tires.

or we could really handicap drag tuned cars by putting them on a dirt strip where finding and using traction would be vital. max horspower just couldnt cut it there.

but back on topic, theres only one car that makes me cream, abeit not aussie or holden. im thinking ac cobra. i would kill just to even sit in one....if i could fit [i figure they'd be prettty cramped]

czerwonyVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8 A4
Patrio7 said:
ouch. wonder if it'll be any quicker with modern tires.
im betting it would (wonder if its RTS?)...

i just realised that this is the old school equivalent of a 350z... 6 cylinders, displacement not too far off (4.2 vs 3.5), both 2 door coupes with ~300hp and running in the 14's... charger will get obviously lose around a real track, you know, one with corners and everything ... but not by as much as youd think, at 1370kg it is actually some 130kg lighter than the nissan.
:king:

R

rattattack1313

The cops in Victoria used to have those ....painted them Day-Glo, so we could spot hem miles away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I remember my father owning one of the ex-police Vals. It had an odd gear selection set up...It didn't have a one shifter....it had FIVE!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
dont mind the new elfin speedster. Ls1 engine just waiting to be powerd up with <1000kg chassis

P

Patch_1989

im a big fan of the torana's. small car with v8's. can you get any better

R

rattattack1313

yers...............................this is on the side window of Markovr's car......

Attachments

• torana.jpg
    torana.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 1,135

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
"Hey Charger!".... :yeah:
Believe it or not, those of us who were kids back in the early seventies used to actually give the victory sign and yell "Hey Charger" like on the TV adverts whenever we saw one go by...
I could never figure out why Holden and Ford never went the whole hog and made the Monaro and Falcon coupe on a shorter wheelbase to give it better and nimbler handling. The Charger was 14" shorter than the sedan and had a wheelbase over a foot shorter. The boot was huuuuuuge, but there wasn't a huge amount of space in the rear seats...erm...well you could lie down there with plenty of room...ahem...and that's all I have to say about that... :whistling
What is hard to believe is that some young guys actually manage to get hold of a Charger and put a V8 in it! What tools! The Valiant V8's were basically slow-revving truck engines. Any well setup 265 Hemi could beat any V8 available in Australia at the time (and maybe even some modern ones now...) off the line and up to something like 100mph. Who needs a V8? :yeah:
charger.jpg

God I miss that car....