Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Out of ideas

RedVY21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore 25th anniversary
Hi All,

Just thought I’d see is anyone has any ideas as to what could cause these issues cause I’m out! My 2004 VY II turns off randomly while I’m driving, then won’t start until like 30min-1 hour then it will start fine again and repeat. Won’t last more than 10 mins without turning off. I’ve scanned it many times and had cam angle sensor, crank sensor and egr valve error codes come up. I’ve replaced the CAS twice and the crank sensor as well as checked the egr valve. Yet it still throws the same codes even though I’ve replaced them and it continues to have the same problem. Please someone help me out!!

Cheers!

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Do you clear the codes after you've scanned them? if you don't clear them, they'll pop up the next time you scan.

When the car cuts out, if you turn off the ignition and turn it back on again (without attempting to start), can you hear the fuel pump run?

RedVY21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you clear the codes after you've scanned them? if you don't clear them, they'll pop up the next time you scan.

When the car cuts out, if you turn off the ignition and turn it back on again (without attempting to start), can you hear the fuel pump run?

Yeah we clear them every time, and not too sure, will have to check today. However My dad is a mechanic and he doesn’t reckon it’s fuel pump related. Cheers.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Do MODerators monitor these and edit thread headings so they are descriptive and searchable by headings or do we just rely on search by content.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
+1 for the DFI. Most annoying component Holden ever fitted.

RedVY21

Reaction score
Members Ride
+1 for the DFI. Most annoying component Holden ever fitted.
I found that If I pushed lightly on the wiring harness for the ingnition module that it shut the engine down so I got a replacement from pick a part and it seemed to fix the problem for about 2 days then back to normal it went

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Both DFI's or Your DFI plug might be dodgy then? Can you bend the little connectors in the plug a bit so they contact better?

RedVY21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just put in a brand new ignition module and it did the same thing again, so must be something else. Even though when it died we checked the spark and there was none so who knows