Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate exhaust mods

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Dont drive like an idiot and they wont bother you.

Exactly. But still, don't tune up your car and mod it so the police will throw the book at you. Be smart, save your money and do all the mods and power stuff after you have gotten your full license.

End of story.

LowVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
just put an exhaust on ure car.
Despite all this raving and banter, your a P plater like me, weather ure car is red hot or stock standard.
Police are atrracted to p platers, regardless of exhaust
just do itttttttttt

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
I'm on Green's anyway so not illegal for me :) I missed the power/weight ratio change by 2 weeks or so though so I am on the revised power/weight laws.

I've been driving a Commodore on my P's for almost 2 years now and have never even been breatho'd let alone pulled over. I actually drove through a booze bus hopeing to get tested for the fun of it and they waved me through.

As for not modding your car until you are on fulls, I generally agree but don't see the harm in forking out a little for exhaust/memcal for a little noise and grunt during that 3 year period.

-Slippy

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
just put an exhaust on ure car.
Despite all this raving and banter, your a P plater like me, weather ure car is red hot or stock standard.
Police are atrracted to p platers, regardless of exhaust
just do itttttttttt

They are attracted to P platers because the majority of P platers are the ones that do stupid things in their cars, do mods to their cars that deem them unroadworthy and alot think (NOT ALL) they won't get done.

The minority ruins it for the majority. I'm not on my P's, but i refuse to lower my car etc due to the fact idiots have made it something that gets targeted because alot of idiots have a part in it.

I dunno about where you live, but in my area, 95% of the time you see a car pulled over, it's a P plater. Almost everyone in my area who gets around in a modified car that's loud or fast, RARELY has any hassles with police. I was hassled 4 times on my P by police, since i got my full license, haven't been pulled over once or hassled. My car is loud too, police (including TMU) have driven behind and beside me quite a few times, they don't even look twice.

I don't drive it like a tool though, it sounds better in lower revs anyway. I don't fancy having my car taken away from me anyways, i'd like to keep it if i can.

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
was in rowville last night to see the misses.
saw 4cars pulled over on my way there (2on stud 2 on wellington rd)
so i know what your talking about mate. everytime i go to see her i think to myself
"well heres my canary coming."

i respect my car so i dont thrash it or rev its tits off.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Man Stud road is BAD for P platers being pulled over. It's right near my house so i am up and down it all the time. Never had trouble there either.

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
i have to go stud road, turn left into wellington road, then at wello village turn left.
so i get all the booze buses if their open... but fingers crossed it stays like that.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Hence all us P Platers here is some advice before I start, I am on Red P's so I'm in the same boat.

Use your P plate period to learn how to drive and mingle with the other road users, rather than spend all your money on huge mods, speed because you think you are the best and the king of the world, smash your car, kill you and or your mates and hence give the government reason to introduce much tougher laws on the rest of us 'careful' P platers.

Do your mods when it's legal.

Drive safe.

BE CAREFUL

INVSBL

Lazyboy Productions
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VY V8 BERLINA WAGON, 180SX TYPE X, LR DEFENDER 90
lol comon, its a cat back system, that mod would give u max 2kw at the fly. its not a power mod.
iv got a loud 2 and 1/2 system, with 2 3" tips, but its only loud if i drive like a nub.
if a cop gives u **** for it, its probs coz u deserve it due to y he/she pulled u over.
and if ur getting pulled over for stupidity, the mods of ur car wont effect the fine/demerits for reckless driving.

do the lukey system, its a decent size and will give u a nice note. dont give it gas were u shouldnt and u wont get cop hassel, ur in a vy aswell, cops really wont look at u.

fark, long as u dont lower it/put any stickers on it/change ur rims and the cop isnt behind u, u could probs run a stupid loud system and the cop wont pick on u, be to busy looking for a second gen on stockies.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
if ur getting pulled over for stupidity, the mods of ur car wont effect the fine/demerits for reckless driving.
If you get pulled over for driving like a tool, they will do their best to ream you for every defectable mod on your car ;).

i.e. don't drive like a tool.