Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate exhaust mods

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Exhaust systems and catbacks are legal on red p's in Sunshine Coast qld so im guessing everywhere else in qld too, but your in sydney arent you?

I have several mates with 3inch exhaust, catback, extractors and its legal. And cannons too for the people who asked. You can tell the insurance company that you have those mods if u want but its obviously bound to go up, that is if they accept the car with those. Or you could choose to not tell them about that, and if u crash it, then u will have to live with buying it again and as the other guy said "just return the car to as it was on paper"

But im 95% its illegal in QLD but not sydney. You can have air filters, and small engine mods as well. Just no V8'S, and over 200kw cars, and turbo or supercharger.

Why cant the whole of aus stick to one rule (hopefully S.A) lol where u do 25 hours for ur p's and can drive anycar you want. Their my kinda rules :p

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just dont go driving like an idiot and get pulled over as everyone said. Then they will probably go over your car and find everysingle thing possible to fine you on and pick on you hardcore.

A chick cop pulled my mates car over coz the passenger had his arm leant on the window edge with the window open. Wasnt even sticking out yet he got a $150 which is friggen ridiculous. Then she went around the car picking on his "faded" p plate, "slightly" bald tyres, crack in his headlight (due to a massive group of fags smashing crap with baseball bats" and other things. NEVER would of happened if the passenger didnt put his arm on the window pffff ridiculous

I respect cops for doing the right thing and preventing stuff etc but they really can be a bunch of c***heads sometimes

LowVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
LOL this is getting out of hand. Its a catback.
But i dont undersatnd why u guys dont beleive me that they target P platers?
U dont have to be driving like a tool, none of that. Its cause uve got a p plate hanging of ure ar.
its like dangling a carrot infront of a rabbit. They no ure nervous, they no they can scare you.
And good chance ue not gona agrue back. I have NO problem with police, but when u ask a highway patrol do u target P platers, and his answer was " fu*king oath we do" at work.
I dont see wat more proof you need

Get ure cat back exhaust, now. ;)

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol i agree with you completely that they target p platers. And that is simply because they have just got their license, so they wanna speed and do stupid things coz their young and its just a natural thing as im sure everyone here has done that. Then a few of them end up doing it whilst drunk, or killing themselves or others in a crash.

This is why they are targeted because of their behavior. Im on red p's myself but i dont even drink hardly and only time i will do stupid things is in a abandoned area. Mainly because i dont wanna endanger people but i also respect my car and cant afford to fork out money for worn out tyres.

I have no problem with cops unless they start being really unfair like that story with my mate. I dont think its needed, its not as if were made of money, most of us are at school or on part time jobs.

SAME CHOICE - GET YOUR CATBACK EXHAUST NOW!!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Why cant the whole of aus stick to one rule (hopefully S.A) lol where u do 25 hours for ur p's and can drive anycar you want. Their my kinda rules :p

Stupid idea. 25 hours for your P's? good luck even mastering how to fully control a car by that time, especially manual, granted some people drive on farms or off road and have more experience but thats the minority. I believe firmly in a harsh and strict Learner's system, teach them how to drive properly in many different circumstances. Too many times have I heard how people have got their licenses and they are the crappest drivers ever etc, and crash etc...

It's like giving a kid a machine gun and shoving him into the Iraq war with 25 hours training. All he knows is how to pull the trigger, if the gun jams, he won't know what to do.

Driving is not a right, it's a privilage and when it's people's lives at stake, a harsher learner's system is more fitting rather than having a crap learner's system and legislating the crap out of P plate laws.

LowVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
ahahhaha no no.
We have driving courses at work, for all the apprentices on their P's

LowVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
My god , just get ure exhaust this is getting way out hand
or else ill come defect and fine use all , cause i am a cop

JT Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
DUK13Y,
I live on the northern beaches of sydney where the cops are always looking for something to defect. I recently got a twin 2.5 into single 3 inch system on my VZ v6 and I have had no problems with the cops, I haven't been pulled over yet but thats probably because I try not to drive like a d%$#head.
My main suggestion would be to get a system that hardly makes any noise in idle, some is ok, just so long as it doesn't sit there gurgling and poping at the RBT. My system IMO is great, it makes little noise when in idle and is only really loud when I put my foot down.
Maybe you should wait until the next cruise in Sydney? Are you coming on cruise for charity?