Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] P Plate V8 Exemption, Ways to go about it? How did you achive yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
In my experience the easiest way to be able to drive a V8 is to wait until you have a full license like everyone else.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
In Victoria there are certain banned cars that can be driven with an exemption. I don't think VE V8's are allowed at all.

To be honest it sounds like you started this thread to brag about driving a V8 rather than actually get good advice on the legalities of it. Vicroads website would be your first place to look

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i got an exemption from my P's by moving to england and driving over there for 5 years.

maybe OP can do that. then also join a UK forum and post rubbish on that one instead.

LOLOLOL "all the work and money that goes into this beast" AHAHAH what stripping a few trims off is hard work now is it?

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Just wait like everyone else, there a multiple possible exemptions but none will allow you to drive an SS. Unless it is a work car during work hours, even then prepare your anus for paper work and long waits at vic roads.

No point really

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Stay away from me with your void insurance

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
screenshot_8.png

The Road Safety (Drivers) Regulations 2009, automatically exempt a probationary driver, from the probationary prohibited vehicle restrictions, who is driving the vehicle in the course of his or her employment and at his or her employer’s request or is self employed and an Australian Business Number (ABN) is in force in relation to the person's business. No exemption document is required from VicRoads in these circumstances. However, the onus is on the driver to provide evidence to the police if requested.

A person is not permitted to drive the vehicle at any time for social reasons or reasons unrelated to work. In these cases the onus is upon the driver to provide evidence to the police that his or her driving is work connected.

You're still screwed, stop bragging.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Autobarn. 'nough said. We all know the quality of people who work there. Wonder why OP hasn't posted in this thread again.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
if people have to ask how to do it, then they probably shouldn't be the ones to know :spot on:

I know people that have done it previously and they no longer have the v8, i'm assuming it was too much of a hassle as I doubt the money to run would have been a factor in it.
people make it sound easy but it is not as easy as thought.

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Act licence you cano everything a fully licened driver can except 0 alcohol and 4 points

Status
Not open for further replies.