Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pacemaker Extractors on Omega

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
Wondering how much of a benefit I'd get if I installed Pacemaker Extractors on my 2009 VE Omega and if it's worth it. I can get them for $400. Currently have a HSV Clubsport catback on it (which sounds and performs far better than the stock exhaust. Also have 12mm manifold insulators and trying to find an OTR CAI. Still want to get a deeper tone though. I've heard new catalytic converters won't do much on a v6 but there has been good reports from upgrading extractors.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
give up and get a real car
waste of money on v6

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
wont get bang for buck on the alloytec, couple posts just recently on v6 extras though, otr and one about intake manifold, have a read,

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
I've read Hi Flow cats are useless under 300rwkw, but it would probably change the noise.

About extractors, I had a great deal on ebay and got my hands on a new set of PH5080 for $250 (+ another 250 to get them fitted). It did change the sound but not the way you'd expect it since it made my SS catback (with the "noisy" non AFM mufflers) drone far less (almost no drone anymore) and globally less noisy in the low and mid ranges, but a bit more agressive in the high (I kept the stock cats).

Performance wise, you'll definitely get more low end torque and I can clearly feel the "kick" from 2500rpm instead of 3500.

So yes, it's worth it if you can get them for cheap. Don't forget the fitment price, unless you can do it yourself but it's a bit of a pain in the ass and it requires some cutting/welding on the cats. Pacemaker says it takes 2,5 hours but in the real world it's more like 3 to 3,5 hours (and that was done by a good exhaust shop).

PS: I've got an Orssom OTR CAI too, still have to install the spacers, I've just got them ;-)

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Look klavins if all else fails just install some red P plates on the car. Front and Rear fitment seems to work best especially of partly hidden. It's definitely worth a least an extra 30 kph - often more - and no extra drone.

In any event good luck with the project.

will67

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 sedan
i would go with the xforce extractors there a bit dearer but bolt straight up to original equipment and they look nicer. they maybe a few more dollars but they be easier to fit and the money you save by doing it yourself will even out if you have to pay someone to hack your exhaust up to fit the pacemakers.
Holden Commodore VE V6 Xforce Stainless Steel Extractors | eBay

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
quite honestly , I don't think you'd get much out of extractors , just enjoy the car for what it is , keep it well serviced and maintained , on the OTR CAI , I think Mace engineering may have them for the Omega V6 .

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
The x-force extractors are not bolt-on either. They are only if you use their cats. So in the end it would cost more.

Any aftermarket extractors will require you to move the O2 sensors form the cats to the extractors so definitely not bolt-on.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
X- force has a pretty poor rep around here. If you want an exhaust I wouldn't contact not_an_abba_fan on these forums and ask what he recommends. You won't get much power out of a new exhaust, but it can make the car sound a lot better if done right.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
I've read Hi Flow cats are useless under 300rwkw, but it would probably change the noise.

About extractors, I had a great deal on ebay and got my hands on a new set of PH5080 for $250 (+ another 250 to get them fitted). It did change the sound but not the way you'd expect it since it made my SS catback (with the "noisy" non AFM mufflers) drone far less (almost no drone anymore) and globally less noisy in the low and mid ranges, but a bit more agressive in the high (I kept the stock cats).

Performance wise, you'll definitely get more low end torque and I can clearly feel the "kick" from 2500rpm instead of 3500.

So yes, it's worth it if you can get them for cheap. Don't forget the fitment price, unless you can do it yourself but it's a bit of a pain in the ass and it requires some cutting/welding on the cats. Pacemaker says it takes 2,5 hours but in the real world it's more like 3 to 3,5 hours (and that was done by a good exhaust shop).

PS: I've got an Orssom OTR CAI too, still have to install the spacers, I've just got them ;-)

Hmm, so they require cutting and welding the cats :/ that sounds like a pain... I have a welder and angle grinder so I may do it if I can get them much cheaper. Probably won't bother with them. Just keep saving for an SSV ;)