Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking inspectors

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
These guys are just trying to make a living like everyone else. It's councils fault these guys are on a quota or they're out of a job. Though why anyone would want to put up with all the crap they cop from people while earning a crappy wage is beyond me. Though some are way too anal and need to take a chill pill. We've only got one parking fine once and that was in a hospital zone. We'd parked there the night before when there was free parking and the hubby didn't have the chance to move the car before 7am due to the fact I was giving birth!!!! I think the fine was over $100. Never seen the hubby fume like that before.

some enjoy it way too much for a job.

partymixx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s2 clubsport
was in melbourne for no longer then an hour when i recieved my first parking fine, who would have thought that the carpark at the back of a coles supermarket was paid parking.

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Hate them, got a ticket for parking at my workplace. Got another one for motorbike but that was my fault.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
What really got me was the guy saying "It's definitely the toughest job in Australia" stupid idiot would never have done a real days work in his life

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Gotta love the chaser and their video...

As far as i know you cant be fired for not booking enough people, what if everyone is doing the right thing... and also i agree with TVR and everyone... They shouldnt be allowed to chalk wheels...

That pic is pretty funny..

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
I feel the same about people who think it is ok to lift my wiper blade and stick junk advertising underneath.

Ha just yesterday i saw that had happened to a car and had a closer look and it was some bloody chinese restaurant, i said to my wife i would have driven straight down to the place and raised hell if they had touched my car.

they're just doing their job

I can't do my job unless i do my homework the night before. There are suburbs, streets, etc in Brisbane that are "parking restricted zones" and apparently you're just supposed to know where they are. After a recent fine i cracked it, i saw no signs, lines, or anything to indicate that i couldn't park in a quiet back street near where i had to work. I spend anywhere up to eight hours walking/climbing/running/crawling doing data acquisition for the bloody council the least they can do is put a sign up to let me know i couldn't park in a certain spot. And don't try to call the number to explain your case, it's all pre-recorded. Yes they're doing their job and i wouldn't risk going to jail over some revenue raising tool of the council, but i still believe i should be able to air my frustration.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I hear you. Years ago I was parked in a hatch back in a loading zone right outside one of our suppliers and loading the car. Along come a Parking Inspector who proceeded to stand next to me as I walked out of the business and placed a load into the back and start writing up a ticket. I went ballistic at him calling him blind, dumb and stupid asking what part of taking goods from a business and loading them into the hatchback did he not get? People were looking and giggling at him. He went flame red, tore up the ticket and walked off.

Not sure how other states work but here you can only park in a loading zone if your car/ute/van/truck is registered as a goods carrying vehicle, not passenger carrying vehicle. I pay an extra 200 bucks a year for GCV rego on my van and when I see dick heads park PCV's in loading zones it makes me want to abuse the **** out of them.

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
i know a few parking officers from melbourne city council, they have it fairly sweet when i comes to pay and time off.