Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parrot Car Kit

SSMarine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8 Maloo
Hi there,

Just bought a Parrott CK 3200 for my VY R8 Maloo, any tips on install?? Cheers

Last edited:

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
pull the glove box out remove 2-3 screws on right and the console panel drops down (beside passenger seat) you will see a plug taped up to the loom, there is a posative, accsesory, earth, radio mute and two wires you can put your speaker to so you can hear it through stereo speakers, see if you can find wiring code doing a search or ask again here.

SSMarine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8 Maloo
thanks, found the wiring code on this site. should work a treat!!!!!

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Looking at buying the same kit -be interested in how you go.

Also- can you post/send the wiring colour code

Thanks

SSMarine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8 Maloo
Should be fitting on the weekend, when it's 100 % i'll let you know. The kit looks really nice though, Got it from Cellular Spares in Brisbane, Ph 3357 4775 or on the web at www.cellularspares.com.au was the cheapest i could find.

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Thanks for the tip....my stomping ground and price does look reasonable.

SSMarine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8 Maloo
Parrot CL 3200 install

Hi there,
Finally installed the Parrot on the weekend. Was piece of cake. The wiring code is:
Car Phone Kit
Orange /white 12v constant / 12 v ignition (fused)
Black earth / earth
Yellow 12v accessories / yellow radio mute from kit
Blue + / line out x 2 +
Blue - / line out x 2 -
I just cut the plug off the car and used bullet connectors but i guesss how you do that is your call. I mounted the head unit to the left of the round mode / set buttons. The mike is in the normal spot up on the right of the pillar.

The kit seems to work ok, has a few glitches like when the ignition is turned on the phone and unit hook up after a few seconds and it briefly mutes the radio. I'm using a Nokia 6230 i with it. I'll keep you updated

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
SSMarine said:
Hi there,
Finally installed the Parrot on the weekend. Was piece of cake.

Be good to see how you go with it. I had a Sony Ericcson bluetooth kit (plus SE phone) about 18 mths ago. Found connection a bit flakey on occassions and never sure if a connection was going to be made.

In the end I ditched it and went back to a hard wired kit which works well.

Bluetooth I think has moved on to a new version on some phones - looking to upgrade phone and to a VE later in year so hopefully bluetooth car kit (in particular the parrot kit) may be the way to go.

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
Sony have released a new voice control kit far supperior to the parrot bluetooth.. you can give matt at expert installs a call (130072774) and ask about the "new sony bluetooth with screen" or the "Motorola hf1000" ive had a few call backs with pairing issues and databox resets with the parrots and personaly. id steer cleer.

SSMarine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8 Maloo
I'm starting to think it's not the best thing, has a few glitches that seem un changeable, the connection seems ok 80 % of the time but there is a few fundimental glithches between my Nokia 6230i and the kit, like when the auto keypad locks the radio mutes, sound small but if you're in and out of the car a bit a real pain. After using it for a few days now i'm keen to return it to be honest but not sure how that'll go, i've had genuine nokia in the past, far far better! I think i'll switch or ditch the audio mute and just hit the button on the factory stereo ans see if that makes it a better thing! I'll keep ya'all updated!