Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'pedders or kings' vx berlina

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
yes again pedders is the best option coz kings is well known for sagging ive got pedders in mine and havent had a problem with blues and reds either for highet or how low it is, it just sits perfect.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
yes again pedders is the best option coz kings is well known for sagging ive got pedders in mine and havent had a problem with blues and reds either for highet or how low it is, it just sits perfect.

Hey crazywog, what would you recommend from pedders range for my VX 17"SS rims sedan? Super lows ? Got any pics of your ride?

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
well ive got super lows atm i dont have fotos as i dont have a camera fone just been lazy lol anyway yeh id say super lows as they sit perfect dont get ultra lows as they can get u defected sits 2 low.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
OP, do you get that even with ultra low suspension the total available suspension travel remains the same (fore the sake of the explanation) it is just that most of the travel has been compressed and used up while just sitting in the driveway. This means that the little bit of travel left must deal with what 2 or even 3 times the travel used to deal with. This means it MUST be harsher or it will run out of travel (bind) all the time with bad results. The lower you go the harder it gets.

For you to be satisfied about harsness between brands and models you must obtain deflection (compression) information from the makers that will tell you, at a certain compressed spring length that you think will correlate to your new ride height spring length, what is the force required to compress the spring by a certain amount (say 1mm is usual). Then compare the results. This is the compression rate of the spring but the problem is we use variable rate springs (hence you have to define a compressed length to get meaningful numbers).

Of course, this info is never available. Makers use HD and HDD for load applications like towing or utes where the expectation is that they will carry loads more often. These are therefore harder than alternatives AT THE SAME RIDE HEIGHT. When people complain that when they load up the back seat with mates the springs sag then this is what they were actually designed to do. If you always carry mates then you need HD HDD so they do not compress as much for the same load. Spring makers are actually pretty smart people. If you really know what you want your car to do they can help you.

Last edited:

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
well ive got super lows atm i dont have fotos as i dont have a camera fone just been lazy lol anyway yeh id say super lows as they sit perfect dont get ultra lows as they can get u defected sits 2 low.

Thanks crazywog, which kings would you recommend for the rear? The HD'S or SLHD'S? Will have kids in the back seats approx 20% of the time

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
What about lovells. Better options in spring size. And better customer service. I've been told from a reputable suspension business that only lovells offers new springs when damaged and pays for the labour cost. That's got to count for something.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
kings is aussies leading spring maker. in fact i dont think there is anyone else, kings make lovells and pedders springs.....just they get shipped to lovells and pedders so they can make some cash.
this is not correct, kings are made in near the gold coast QLD, lovells are made in minto NSW and pedders are made in keysborough VIC, the only springs pedders have made from an out side company are the vq-vz rear irs coils that are made by the same company that make them for holden, tenneco in NZ. kings do make for other companys but not lovellls or pedders.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
OP, do you get that even with ultra low suspension the total available suspension travel remains the same (fore the sake of the explanation) it is just that most of the travel has been compressed and used up while just sitting in the driveway. This means that the little bit of travel left must deal with what 2 or even 3 times the travel used to deal with. This means it MUST be harsher or it will run out of travel (bind) all the time with bad results. The lower you go the harder it gets.

For you to be satisfied about harsness between brands and models you must obtain deflection (compression) information from the makers that will tell you, at a certain compressed spring length that you think will correlate to your new ride height spring length, what is the force required to compress the spring by a certain amount (say 1mm is usual). Then compare the results. This is the compression rate of the spring but the problem is we use variable rate springs (hence you have to define a compressed length to get meaningful numbers).

Of course, this info is never available. Makers use HD and HDD for load applications like towing or utes where the expectation is that they will carry loads more often. These are therefore harder than alternatives AT THE SAME RIDE HEIGHT. When people complain that when they load up the back seat with mates the springs sag then this is what they were actually designed to do. If you always carry mates then you need HD HDD so they do not compress as much for the same load. Spring makers are actually pretty smart people. If you really know what you want your car to do they can help you.

Point taken, thought as much. Thanks buddy!