Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peer Presure(dont try this at home kids)

Status
Not open for further replies.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
I did a stupid thing tonight i fell a victim of peer pressure and plain old stupidity on my behalf.
i was cruising down the forshore in newcastle and on warf road theres a small round about near a large carpark,tonight dozens of people did burnouts through this roundabout, me looking at them thinking f***in wankers, 3 laps later i get into the swing of things just as i was about to depart for the night, i got yells screams and cheers to "bag it up" through this roundabout so stupidly i turn my ESP off and put my foot to the floor the car kicks out side ways and i complete a drift of the roundabout right infront of a cop car.

I thought oh s**t im F****d, a female officer walks upto the car and asks me any reason as to why you were sideways for the entirety of that round about, i smartly replied because im a f***in idiot she replies yes yes you are, she then proceeded to breatho me she also asked if i owned the car i replied yes and she smartly replied "not for long". i peed my pants(not literally but almost)i thought they were gunna confiscate my car, maybe they should of. The shame of sitting in your car as 100's of p platers drive past looking on and whispering "oh hes f***ed". i sat there for 30 odd mins while they did the paperwork, a male officer walks upto the window and has a "chat" with me about my actions for which i was extremely remorseful and completely stupid for acting out this manouvre.
To cut a long story short he issued me with a court attendence notice and said he would talk to the magistrate and say how remorseful i was, that i used my maners, was respectful and i realised it was a stupid mistake ,and that he is of the opinion that i wont do this again and i will learn from this lesson, but he will also mention to the magistrate that it was a reckless action and could of killed many onlookers iif i had of lost control.

problem B this isnt a first traffic offence for me i have a few offences from "L" plate days 4 to be exact no supervisory driver twice and no "L" plates twice.one speeding fine on "p" plates sped up for an orange light undercover cop sitting at lights (i appealed and the court quashed the suspension),i also got hit with a foglight offence that night, and just recently i exited a car wash without "p" plates on (i left them behind forgot to put them back on, they were still on the ground when i returned) and was booked for no plates i also got a foglight ticket this night and then tonights stupid act. so all in all i just hope people read this and anytime they think of doing what i did tonight or anything else illegal or reckless refrain, because u could seriously hurt or injure sumone and you could also be doing it infront of an unmarked police car.
i know for sure i will loose my license over this, it is a neg driving charge. sure the 30 other people whom did burnouts this night got away with it but one person didnt. please kids drive safely and responsibly(i know this is hypocritical of me but please learn by my mistakes, and no im not looking for sympathy either) so roll on the remarks and abuse i think i need to be told again how much of a f**kwit i am for my actions. oh and does anyone know of a good solicitor or barrister in the newcastle area.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Well done for manning up and copping it. You were a d!ckhead and at least you can admit it.
You think you're sorry now, wait til you can't drive to the shops for milk and bread.

Hopefully now you will have learnt your lesson. Usually I would say "at least you have learnt", but the driving record you have mentioned tells me it's taken a few goes for it to sink in.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I would say "sorry to hear that man" but I can't...You know as well as I do that what you did was stupid, but it's good that your remorseful about it and that you regret it. Unfortunately or fortunately in this world we all have to pay for our actions, and the difference between 'men and boys' is whether we learn from our mistakes...

You want to drive fast and do burnouts? Go to the track...where you will only risk your neck...not passengers or other innocent drivers.

Anyway, the upside of your story pal is that you regret it and appear to have learnt your lesson...make sure that you do. By the way, this post isn't attacking you or telling you that your a f*ckwit...I think you know that you are anyway so what is the point of all us on the forum telling you it...if everyone does start calling you a twat for your actions and just harping on what you did rather than seeing that your remorseful then this thread is just going to end up getting :lock:.

So kids and everyone else, learn from his mistake, if your taking passengers and they tell you to drag someone or do a burnout or drive fast (like 'fast fast') tell them to get f*cked and walk...Don't risk your life, your car, your license and most importantly, the lives, cars and property of other people for your 10 seconds of infamy...don't be part of the crowd...Melbourne is screwed enough. It's time the rising Gen Y and Gen Z start changing our attitudes and our actions...Fix the problem before it happens....Don't do the deed and take the penalty...that is the reason why these laws are in place. Drive responsibly and sensibly..

End rant.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
Thanks for wise words boys this is the last time the police will be dealing with me the calais is heading into the shed and wont be coming out for some considerable time on the cards is a 2.8 hilux
as for the passenger thing i was alone it was the ranting and raving on the street i fell victim to but noone else to blame but myself im not looking for sympathy as i said the only reason i posted this is so other people can see the reporcussions for acts of stupidity like this

Jake.VScommo

Yeaa... About that... Umm
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 toyota 4runner
bad luck ay. ive been on my P's for six months. ive never been pulled over, even tho ive driven past coppers at nite wif my red parker lights on. i thought i was gone lol. nd my tinted taillights. ive had coppers sit on my ass pretty much lookin at them nd they not even pull me ova. :s i got pulled ova once on my L's for not displaying L's properly. thats it. ive lost my license now anyeways for speeding. 22km over. got done by the most popular speed camera. the one on central coast highway, batau bay on the central coast NSW. it sucked :( oh well. ive learnt not to show off nd try nd beat a corolla lol. i had a full car nd i could feel the weight of everyone nd still i beat him. but then a big flash :( mm

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Lost my license 4 times had my P's for 8 years and many thousands of dollars it was only when i had a kid that i realized that my stupid moves could kill someone haven't had a fine in 3 1/2 years and counting, some people like myself are just to stupid to learn till something major happens. Hope you have learned your lesson.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
bad luck ay. ive been on my P's for six months. ive never been pulled over, even tho ive driven past coppers at nite wif my red parker lights on. i thought i was gone lol. nd my tinted taillights. ive had coppers sit on my ass pretty much lookin at them nd they not even pull me ova. :s i got pulled ova once on my L's for not displaying L's properly. thats it. ive lost my license now anyeways for speeding. 22km over. got done by the most popular speed camera. the one on central coast highway, batau bay on the central coast NSW. it sucked :( oh well. ive learnt not to show off nd try nd beat a corolla lol. i had a full car nd i could feel the weight of everyone nd still i beat him. but then a big flash :( mm

Speaking of d!ckheads and people not learning....

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
What have you been charged with, maybe I can help.

If its reckless then I can certainly help.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
Speaking of d!ckheads and people not learning....

^^ +1

to the op, bad luck mate, i got one minor speeding fine (9km over) and i learnt my lesson :thumbsup:

i used to have all the coloured leds en **** but i figured why attract attention to myself so changed them all back to stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.