Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pensioner Rage

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
One of the ladies I work with told me her mother drove thru the front of her own house because she put the car in drive instead of reverse. Her reactions were so slow she ran all the way thru the front doors of her house up to one of the internal walls of the house and continued accelerating while the car was up against the wall. She accelerated for so long and created so much smoke that the next door neighbours thought the house was on fire.

But only young people are dangerous drivers. :bang::bang::bang:

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
LOL, this happened to my old KB laser. it was parked out the front of a bank and some old bloke hit the gas instead of the brake. he managed to push my car over a 200mm steel barrier, up 4 stairs and into an ATM at the bank. He then drove off and wasnt going to report it cos he said ' my car doesnt have a scratch' :bang: well my laser was written off $2000 of damage.

Bloody old coots

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
LOL, this happened to my old KB laser. it was parked out the front of a bank and some old bloke hit the gas instead of the brake. he managed to push my car over a 200mm steel barrier, up 4 stairs and into an ATM at the bank. He then drove off and wasnt going to report it cos he said ' my car doesnt have a scratch' :bang: well my laser was written off $2000 of damage.

Bloody old coots

haha did u tell him he needed new glasses jks

olde people just look straight ahead and dont look around them ( as in the driveing surroundings..red lights...stop sighns...speed limits etc) as with younger people we look everywhere.....hot chicks...hot cars.....auto places everywhere except the road.....and we can still do the speed limit and drive in a straight line etc.....( haha jks)

but yeh seriously the older generation should lern the up to date road rules (i aint saying i know all of them but i can tell u i know more new/road rules then the older peoples) "as back in there days" there wasnt a 8 lane highway there was a dirt single laned road.......look around u you are in the 21st century man

anyway im tired so im going to bed....feel free to argu with me but im just saying what i think and from what i have seen on the roads (im 18 and a lerner)

cheers:thumbsup:

metalfossil

Reaction score
.....and watch out for elderly gentlemen in Volvos with hats. Actually, for anyone in a Volvo. In fact, for anyone driving with a hat (or even a baseball cap):thumbsup:

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
They should have a driving test done again once they reach a certain age. I believe that would be a good idea as they can be tested for various things like their reaction to emergency, their alertness, able to observe the surrounds and take correct atcions etc etc....

By doing this, we can see whether they are fit and safe to drive a vehicle.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
They should have a driving test done again once they reach a certain age. I believe that would be a good idea as they can be tested for various things like their reaction to emergency, their alertness, able to observe the surrounds and take correct atcions etc etc....

By doing this, we can see whether they are fit and safe to drive a vehicle.
Agreed.

I nearly got cleaned up at a round about because of an elderly driver deciding he would just not give way to anything....I just held the horn on and shook my head...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I hate older drivers. I have seen more older people do stupid, dangerous, life threatening things than younger drivers.

I've told this story before, but i'll tell it again,

I was dring down Queens Parade, i was in the middle lane, old man driver in the right lane. He was a bit ahead of me and swerving a little bit in his lane, so i was hanging back, all of a sudden he veers into oncoming traffic, then right back across his lane and into mine, almost taking me out, i had to lock up the brakes and make a quick move into the next lane to avoid him hitting me, and he just kept on driving.

Another time, coming down Stud Road, doing about 75 coming up the the intersection of High Street road, was green so i kept going, I see this old woman in the slip lane to pull out onto stud road, heading towards Knox. "Ok i think, she's gonna pull out into the clear lane, but OH NO, she pulls out right into the far lane, and continues along at 20km/h. Im still travelling at around 75 and jump on the brakes for all im worth, full lock up through the intersection, i came within about a metre of hitting her, i overtake her and look at her, she's sitting there, head pretty much bellow the steering wheel just dawdling along, with NO idea whats going on around her.

Lucky for her she chucked a quick U-Turn, i was ready to get out and throw her keys into the bushes.:bang:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Maybe granny just had a bad day at the RSL on the pokies

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
These stories are nothing unique, almost everyday i rekon we all get one of these people. Today for example i was driving home from officeworks. Greying old granny on the way home from the shopping center pulls out in front of me from the slip lane, didnt look at all. I overtake her face mustve been 3 cm from the windscreen.