Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Perfect Blue Questions

USASS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS
I was excited to find this forum. It looks like a great group of guys. I am planning on ordering a 2015 as soon as the price in the states is released. I like the idea of white to go with the stealth look of the car but I can't get past how awesome Perfect Blue is. Two questions:

1) I thought this was not a metallic color but sometimes it appears to have flake in it. Is it metallic?

2) I looked up Peter Perfect expecting to find an Aussie V8 Supercar driver and all I could find was a cartoon. Is Peter Perfect a cartoon?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I think it has a slight metallic in it. You mean Peter Brock right?

USASS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS
Peter Brock makes more sense. I heard the color was named after Peter Perfect and the cartoon was all I saw. I had never seen the cartoon so I don't think it played here. Looked kind of like Speed Racer.

Thanks

MPC78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV manual sedan on order
I was excited to find this forum. It looks like a great group of guys. I am planning on ordering a 2015 as soon as the price in the states is released. I like the idea of white to go with the stealth look of the car but I can't get past how awesome Perfect Blue is. Two questions:

1) I thought this was not a metallic color but sometimes it appears to have flake in it. Is it metallic?

2) I looked up Peter Perfect expecting to find an Aussie V8 Supercar driver and all I could find was a cartoon. Is Peter Perfect a cartoon?

Perfect Blue is metallic and it definitely has a flake in it. I have a Perfect Blue SSV and you can see it in bright sunlight. I love the colour even more than the Voodoo Blue VE SS Sportwagon one I had previously which has surprised me.

I am a massive Peter Brock fan and I believe the colour was named Perfect Blue as it is a modern interpretation of the colour of his first race car a Holden 6 powered Austin A30 Sports Sedan (which colour was definitely not metallic).

Go the Perfect Blue. You won't be sorry.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Perfect Blue is a tribute to the HDT VK Formula Blue.

1985-holden-vk-commodore-group-a-ss-sedan.jpg

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
I always thought it was a throwback to the Blue Meanie VK.

EDIT: Damn you VS 5.0, damn you to hell!!! :banstick:

Perfect blue was named after Peter Brock and is supposed to be similar to his blue Brock Commodores but is not as nice. He was given his nickname after Peter Perfect a character in The Whacky Races, a cartoon show. Perfect Blue is a metallic but looks very plain in all but bright sunlight.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Whereas Voodoo had a lot of metalic in it.
Voodoo.jpg

I think Perfect Blue should have not had metalic to be a true tribute to the legend of the HDT VK

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Problem is, it's a nice colour but looks boring as sin on a modern car. Hence "Perfectly Flat Blue".