Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Perfect Blue Questions

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Perfect Blue is metallic and it definitely has a flake in it. I have a Perfect Blue SSV and you can see it in bright sunlight. I love the colour even more than the Voodoo Blue VE SS Sportwagon one I had previously which has surprised me.

I am a massive Peter Brock fan and I believe the colour was named Perfect Blue as it is a modern interpretation of the colour of his first race car a Holden 6 powered Austin A30 Sports Sedan (which colour was definitely not metallic).

Go the Perfect Blue. You won't be sorry.

Brocky's legend lives on. In fact we named our youngest son Brock (16yo) after him.

I really like Perfect Blue too. I can't understand why so many people seem to not like it though. I went for Regal Peacock (green). But it's a personal choice.

The interesting thing about VF's is how much a colour and a mix of chrome or black highlights changes the whole look of the car. From sporty stealth in the lighter non metallic with black outs to luxury muscle in dark colours with chrome.

OP - Go Perfect Blue! I probably will when I get my next VF in a couple of years, if it's still around.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Whereas Voodoo had a lot of metalic in it.
Voodoo.jpg

I think Perfect Blue should have not had metalic to be a true tribute to the legend of the HDT VK

Agreed. Love Voodoo, Poison Ivy and Sizzle!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I like perfect blue. As nice as it is to have a chunky coarse flake I think a subtle metallic/pearl can look just as good. Less is more sort of thing.

828053E0-0738-42FE-BC45-0CA730C77193_zpsknqkldlh.jpg

^^Reminds me of turismo which I always though was solid until I got my car and noticed the white pearl.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Voodoo was nice, but they couldn't continue to make it after the japanese earthquakes.

Perfect blue looks good in day….
attachment.php

And night :)
attachment.php

USASS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS
It amazes me how different it looks between day and night. I was going to confirm that it is the only blue available because I see some shots that look like a different color.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
It amazes me how different it looks between day and night. I was going to confirm that it is the only blue available because I see some shots that look like a different color.

There is Karma but it is an even worse colour. Shame about Japanese sunamis if that is the reason we now have only the relatively bland colours available since then.