Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod filters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
by the way your a tool mate..

Human actually, but think what you want.

Why not compare aftermarket pod filters with pod filters from Mercedes and AM? (Both companys of which don't have a 100% Exotic Car line up). Your saying an after mark Tyre won't work as well as a tyre fitted to a Merc of an AM because its aftermarket.

You did say one thing correct, They are designed to benefit the engine... Much like an open topped pod filter is!!! (As I feel some of you will have already forgotten, I am talking about an open topped pod filter with angled Gauze, properly installed IN an air tight air box with a large mouth over the radiator CAI)

Does your mind communicate with your fingers when you type?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Human actually, but think what you want.

Why not compare aftermarket pod filters with pod filters from Mercedes and AM? (Both companys of which don't have a 100% Exotic Car line up). Your saying an after mark Tyre won't work as well as a tyre fitted to a Merc of an AM because its aftermarket.

Does your mind communicate with your fingers when you type?

going way off topic here again but depends wat aftermarket tyre u get theres a reason certain tyres r fitted 2 these cars not just any tyre can go on and have the same charactistics. These cars prob only use a pod coz its somthing different from the mainstream cars whether its better or not.

94VRtuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR EXECUTIVE
I dont like pods personally, but i was watchin a show on the commodore cup on speed channel and they showed lead drivers car, a VT, and under the bonnet was a dirty big pod filter just sitting in engine bay. So if pods are so bad why do they use them to race with, as i think they would use best available cai? anyone got an answer for this. cheers.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
BOYPOCKETSJUNIOR, I wonder if your selective reading of the posts on this thread are not influenced by your desire to always be right? Any turbulence created in the airbox cannot be sustained along the full length of the passage of intake airflow because of the number of different components of said intake passage. The pre AFM mesh, the AFM and throttle body all help stabilise airflow, neutralising any turbulence, then the manifold venturi/branches further stabilise airflow. Matched ports do this also. The injectors then atomise fuel before it enters the combustion chamber. Any turbulence at this point is irrelevant because the atomised/vapourised fuel/air mix becomes static in the combustion chamber under 9:1 compression (varies) until it burns. Why do you think Mace Engineering sells polished throttle bodies? To reduce turbulence and increase airflow in the intake system? Accusing members of being short of brain cells does not make you correct either!! Onya Cameron

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
^^^ waiting on next bit of rubbish from boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
The only thing really stopping me from getting a pod, is the noise... F***ing hate that noise, unless it's a foam filter in which case it sounds nice. Per tyres: Analogy (I think that's the right word).

Strange that they would be racing with a pod just in the engine bay, but I'm sure there is a reason for it whether it be restrictions on cold air intake? or something similar...

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
The only thing really stopping me from getting a pod, is the noise... F***ing hate that noise, unless it's a foam filter in which case it sounds nice. Per tyres: Analogy (I think that's the right word).

come buy one of me mate.. i'd gladly take $524 off you for a pod filter ;)