Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pollushon's VSII Acclaim

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Looking good mate. Love the engine bay, so clean.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Does the Mace CAI make much difference to the boost ?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Looking good mate. Love the engine bay, so clean.

Thanks mate, she's a lot dirtier than usual, stupid polished bits, lol.

Does the Mace CAI make much difference to the boost ?

Indirectly yeah, it lives up to its claim of keeping engine bay soak out, so I noticed today even when it was quite warm on the ambient temp front the thing didn't soak. More so the issue I had with pollen build up on the filter is mostly gone, just need to get a grommet on the IAT hole and dam around the lid. Very impressed with it though, the inlet noise was way louder than I realised pre CAI.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Long time no see, how has this been going and you got any numbers on 1/4 mile or dyno yet?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey man, same with you, found another hobby?

Nothing official on the 1/4 that (nothing I'd admit to :p), a bunch of us are heading up to Eastern Creek for a weekend to formalise things but lets say I strongly predict a 12.7 (ish) by then. :p I just want it a touch under the 13 flats she's got to call it a win.

Having a dyno day first week of March with a VE LS club who kindly offered me a spot, $50 for 3 runs so I'm looking forward to that.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
A mate was kind enough to take the old girl out for a photo shoot. She scrubs up okay.

Have done a bunch of work to her since the last update, unfortunately had a bad time of the drags both times I went up, once involving a snapped gilmer and two weeks boost-less :(

That said, shes been retuned and running better than ever, there's a boost upgrade in the works and an official 12 second quarter is not far away :)

j7yfm8.jpg

2w3upo0.jpg

v4y0kl.jpg

2vskewn.jpg

22coq0.jpg