Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pool.

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
is anyone into their pool. i used to play it a fair bit as a kid when my mum was getting pissed. i then stopped when i moved out of home.

i turned 18 this year so ive been getting into pool again. i reccently brought a pool cue that retails for 250 dollars, and i got it for 30.

i also wondered about the made in china sticker i peeled off it too. its a graphite cue, well on the outside anyway. the tip seems hollow. its a forumla pro series. i didnt do much research before i brought it, but i now am under the impression the wood is much better.

i just wondering if there is any members who are into this fine sport, who could give some tips, and share some stories just general chit chat.

remember folks, there isnt many sports that you can drink piss and still play successfully.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I don't have the good fortune to have a table at my house, but whenever I stay with my Grandparents, that's pretty much all I'm doing. I might look into a table when I get my own house or something.

I don't get the chance to play it often, but I do like to watch it. There are lots of good books about pool. One in particular that my Grandfather has written by Eddie Charlton called "Winning at Snooker" (I think that's what it's called) from the 70's is quite good. It's got a lot of shots setup in such a way that it shows you how all the balls on the table react when you take your shot.

As for cues, I've seen plenty that are made from crooked tree branches. Apparently your cue doesn't need to be straight to make good shots.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
my local pub set up a pool comp last year, man its great, i've improved heaps and enjoy it alot.
a few things i do when playing.
*tap the cue to check it sounds good (cheap ones can break in the centre and shoot dodgy)
*meticulously chalk it up
*play safe (go for the snooker)
*be drunk.
there was something else, but i forgot... oh yeah, dont listen to russell, his advice isnt great.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
you mean the pool with water or the pool with drunk horny men in a bar who cant get hags play?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
you mean the pool with water or the pool with drunk horny men in a bar who cant get hags play?

The kind you can sleep on top of when you pass out.

Holden_Man

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Berlina
Pool isn't a sport. It's a game.

Holden_Man

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Berlina