Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible DIY?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
what the hell is the first pic? is that the bar? looks like it was sprayed with a can from supercheap... yikes

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I checked it out before pick up, I was happy with the respray (which was all I paid attention to), I signed the form and went home. *facepalm*

Only upon closer (or should a say broader and less focused on the paint) inspection when I got home, did I realise the panel wasn't fitted properly.

I hadn't paid, the Pajero man paid the $400

Sent from my ancient iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If I was the pannel shop I would tell you to get ####ed if you brought it back, you have already signed the piece of paper saying the job was done to a satisfactory level. unfortunately for you it wasnt let that be a lesson.

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
First pic is looking backwards from fender to FLH door, with side skirt below. It looks like orange peel hey.

I realise I've already signed it satisfactory, hence I'm hesitant to give him a call and this is why I asked if it would be hard to adjust my self.

mattytess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina
Can you not just loosen the bolts on the fender. Get a mate to push on the panel to closer/open the gap until its even, then you tighten the bolts. Trial and error until you have it set right?

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Yeah I'm thinking that too mate, I mean it's only metal hey, I'll just have to be careful with it and not furk the paint job. I'll update when I triumph, or fail. Lol

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Same thing happened to me when i got my EL XR6 back from the panel beaters. (was reversed into by a Navara and caused $3800 worth damage)

Panels misaligned, paint runs, imperfections in paint, badges on wrong.

Luckily for me my insurer agreed with all of my concerns and got them to recify it. All up took 6.5 weeks with a free hire car due to the stuffing around.

I would take it back and show them. Just say that you didnt notice it until you got under a more stable light.