Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

post ur lowered pics and prices

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
mattman said:
low is nice but good handling is better ;)
Finally someone else who shares the same opinion as myself :)

soulstorm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR COMMODORE
Vr springs

khfl 47sl and khpr 20sl king springs ultra low rears and super low fronts

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
weird??

Im trying to figure out whats up with my car, i havent touched the suspension, so far this is what i have been told about the car, it has possibly superlows on front they are just a black spring, higher than stock on back.... the back are kings springs but no idea what type, it has a adjustable pan hard rod and pedders comfort gas shocks......have a look what do you think???

my dad seems to think that the front is stock and the back is higher than normal and if was just to lower the back the front would come up - but im hoping he was just to wasted when he said that.. :yeah:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 242

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Im trying to figure out whats up with my car, i havent touched the suspension, so far this is what i have been told about the car, it has possibly superlows on front they are just a black spring, higher than stock on back.... the back are kings springs but no idea what type, it has a adjustable pan hard rod and pedders comfort gas shocks......have a look what do you think???

my dad seems to think that the front is stock and the back is higher than normal and if was just to lower the back the front would come up - but im hoping he was just to wasted when he said that.. :yeah:
Does your car have a towbar? Could be the optional towpack maybe.

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
Does your car have a towbar? Could be the optional towpack maybe.

Yeah it does, so what does that mean for the front suspension and back etc what does this towpack consist of??

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Just had a quick look on google, found that the tow packs consisted of a transcooler and some other things, nothing about different springs, but I defiently have heard something before about using different rear springs that are harder. Once again, not totally sure, this might only apply for utes and wagons.

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
thanks heaps for the info, will have to sus it all out, i just cant wait to lower the girl!! might take it to a suspension place and see what they say i need, but knowing my luck because im a chick they will try and rip me for as much $$$ as poss, i will just have to consult the forum gods before doing anything lol - you guys are superstars :thumbsup:

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
No worries. You mentioned your Dad before, if you think they will up the price cause your a chick, get him to go in. Also, it helps to know exactly what you want, so do some quality research before you buy, go into the shop and say "I want this exact spring for my car" or "I want you to lower my car 2 inches alround" etc... Also, get some quotes from a few differen places, you'll be surprised at how one place will charge a shitload more than another.