Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post VF, what do you drive?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
As a ‘Holden man’ since 1968, I really don’t know, I have to factor in my age, and the impending probability of not being able to drive fast long distances any more.
Currently, as much as I would like a ‘last of the real Holdens’, I just can’t get excited about a VF, the styling doesn’t appeal, and the electronic-gizmo-confusion is way beyond my old school ways. Geez, they don’t even have a CD player any more. And my Mk1 Ford Zephyr had push-button start.
A VE Calais Redline would be welcome in the garage, but not at the expense of the Monaro, or Crewman, or even the Territory.
Mustang, no way...Camaro, butt ugly ..... BMW 4 series or Merc coupe or Jag, yes please, but $$!! ...... something with a Holden badge....not likely.
So when age and reality bite, a small Kia or similar econobox, non-turbo with a torque converter auto.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
A used BMW X5m is going to fit the bill nicely. Depreciated and appreciated at 3-4 years old/ 60k km/ one third rrp.

when you do... go put $3 large in a bank account somewhere

to pay for a set of new tyres. The OEM tyres last 25-30,000kms and new ones?
cost (RRP) $2970 fitted and balanced

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
A used BMW X5m is going to fit the bill nicely. Depreciated and appreciated at 3-4 years old/ 60k km/ one third rrp.
I'm notsomuch into light commercials; dunno if I can get into the gerlytruk thing.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I am already thinking Golf R. If VW bring back the Wolfsburg wagon, that it what I would buy. Small wagon, all wheel drive plenty of mumbo.
I haven't even taken delivery of my Redline yet, so may keep it for years, unsure at present.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I am already thinking Golf R. If VW bring back the Wolfsburg wagon, that it what I would buy. Small wagon, all wheel drive plenty of mumbo.
I haven't even taken delivery of my Redline yet, so may keep it for years, unsure at present.
Bloody Volvo make a ripper go fast wagon too. I have to admit the styling from that company has improved 1000% from when I was a kid.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I cut my teeth on awd trucks like the Chevy Blazer and Ford Explorer. RWD was pretty much reserved for 'summer car' status only in Canada. I love that I can belt around the Commy 24/7/365 here but it does lack that instant push from the awd setup. My mate has a Turbo Ghia that's been carefully modded and it's fuggin quick as.

I'm notsomuch into light commercials; dunno if I can get into the gerlytruk thing.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I have always resisted European cars, but if there is no reasonably priced Aussie V8 or turbo 6 I guess I would look at either a Audi or BMW Q5/7 or M5.

blakethemus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
In regards to the person who said C63s.

Awesome car but no way I'm prepared to be ripped off by MB.

Price in US in AUD $96,656
Price in AUS in AUD $169,054

Ok fine is there is $30k of taxes and maybe $10k shipping cost. But do they really need a $30k markup?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
In regards to the person who said C63s.

Awesome car but no way I'm prepared to be ripped off by MB.

Price in US in AUD $96,656
Price in AUS in AUD $169,054

Ok fine is there is $30k of taxes and maybe $10k shipping cost. But do they really need a $30k markup?

The difference would be because we are Aussies.
And because they can.