Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post VF, what do you drive?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I am hoping the new commodore is the goods. I will give one a go if it is the same size as current model and it has some balls! My lease ends on the redline June 2019 so should be ok timing
My only interest in the VF V8 was because Australian engineers designed it; because Brock, because HT Monaro, because Walkinshaw.
Any Opel with a Commodore badge will be treated with the same suspicion that any other German Daewoo would be met with; like an unreliable VW, and certainly with absolutely no emotional connection at all.
So given that I don't actually need a large family-sized car, it's unlikely I'd bother, any more than I would a Passat R.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
My only interest in the VF V8 was because Australian engineers designed it; because Brock, because HT Monaro, because Walkinshaw.
Any Opel with a Commodore badge will be treated with the same suspicion that any other German Daewoo would be met with; like an unreliable VW, and certainly with absolutely no emotional connection at all.
So given that I don't actually need a large family-sized car, it's unlikely I'd bother, any more than I would a Passat R.

See I need the size wife kid and baby and we drive around a lot! Pram and other stuff needed the VF is just the right size any smaller and I would struggle

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I drove a manual LSA Clubsport today. The sound is awesome and really entertaining. It's a pure drivers car and a lot of fun. The sound makes me forget all the little things I dislike about the VF.

I also drove an M235i. Reasonably quick but boring. It is very sanitised and it might as well be a Corolla.

What did surprise me was an A45 AMG. What an awesome little car. Has every bit of tech you would want in a car and is seriously quick. 0-100 in only 4.2 secs. In normal mode it drives quite sedately, but switch to performance mode and it pops and crackles and is a lot of fun.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Planning to keep my vf for at least 10yrs, future I would say, would probably be something at least hybrid electric, or hydrogen power (if it becomes practical).

lowrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I drove a manual LSA Clubsport today. The sound is awesome and really entertaining. It's a pure drivers car and a lot of fun. The sound makes me forget all the little things I dislike about the VF.

I also drove an M235i. Reasonably quick but boring. It is very sanitised and it might as well be a Corolla.

What did surprise me was an A45 AMG. What an awesome little car. Has every bit of tech you would want in a car and is seriously quick. 0-100 in only 4.2 secs. In normal mode it drives quite sedately, but switch to performance mode and it pops and crackles and is a lot of fun.

Interesting, i found the M135i a cracker,really liked it fun,great chassis,great sound...only negs for me were bit small in a practical sense and $65k is just too much coin for a small hatchback.

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
probably never ever gonna part with my new VF2 redline, but would also like to own something from the tesla stable in years to
come. Completely different type of fast, but fast none the less. anyone that's been in a model s knows what I'm talking about.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Tesla won't have that space to themselves for long, cheaper alternatives will appear before too long, and battery technology is improving so batteries are going to last longer than the 3-4 years the Tesla ones are lasting as well.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Will be getting a 2017 red line wagon, but after that who knows...

Always loved the performance wagons and there are many euros to choose from that are all around that 200-260kw awd. Setup, if I win lotto it would be an R6 Avant, but realistically an RS3 sportback, or RS4 avant, but that's still a lot of coin on a smaller car..damn luxury car tax...vw scionne wagon might do.

But in 5-10 years there will be so many new and hopefully interesting cars...

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
I was pretty happy with the way my 300SRT handled ( for a heavy car ) the Core is the budget model, My SRT had all the Bells and Whistles and leaves the My LS3 Redline in the dark as far as options go, but in saying that mine had the old 5spd which I found satisfactory, Christ with that 6.4 a 2 stage would suffice.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
My early VF Redline is now three years old and only done 20000 km's. First Holden I have owned in 30 odd years of driving. Car is going great and still puts a smile on my face, so no plans to update to anything at all at the moment. A supercharged Camaro might get me in a Holden dealership again, but thats the only thing with a Holden (or Chev) badge that would. Nothing against my dealer, just don't find most of Holden's lineup either appealing or any better than what I can get elsewhere from other brands. The Commodore was really the only thing that appeals in the Holden lineup.