Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your recent purchases

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Ummmm.... Christmas lights and ummm....Christmas lights and... oh yeah, more bloody Christmas lights. House looks like Luna Park at midnight. Can't wait for the next power bill. Even with half of them being solar powered.

When you're our age you don't do much exciting shopping.
I know what you mean , We went shopping and came back with heaps of Christmas lights to go with the heap that we bought last year. Because we forgot that we bought some the year before because we forgot we bought some the year before that too . Think you can see our house from space when they are all light up

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
My most recent and significant ($7,500) purchase:

20161127_102210.jpg

LS1 powered 2002 WHII Caprice. By the time I got home very late Friday night it has 104,000km on the clock. Passed RWC yesterday. One small issue is the LPG loses all electrical power intermittently. Won't be too hard to fix I don't think. I still may rip it out completely and just stick with PULP. Also when they put the new roof liner in they forgot to hook up the interior lights. Another easy fix. Other than that it's immaculate and will make for a nice daily (to the train station and back) drive.

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
Repairs to & service of my Rotel RP300 turntable including a new Ortofon OM10 cart.

With it running through the Denon AV receiver and Bose Acoustimass 6 surround sound purchased a few months ago, this thing now sounds bloody awesome. Never heard my vinyl sound so good.

Next purchase.....more vinyl.

And a new lounge for the theatre room....leather, electric recliners.....sooo comfy esp watching the 60" Samsung UHD wall mounted TV (also purchased a few months ago) through said surround sound.

do you know if they make spare parts for those old turntables? the rotel reminded me of my dad's set up which has a rotel noise reduction system. the whole stereo system is over 30 years old now. the vinyl player is a thorens TD something MKII, the motor in it is quite old and struggling. you sometimes have to manually start spinning it.

It's PureVPN. It maintains its own dynamic network of 550+ servers for the fastest speed experience anytime with unlimited bandwidth. The speed is good.
clothes from where!

might have to look into that but i'm a bit turned off VPNs now after the multiple bad experiences.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
do you know if they make spare parts for those old turntables? the rotel reminded me of my dad's set up which has a rotel noise reduction system. the whole stereo system is over 30 years old now. the vinyl player is a thorens TD something MKII, the motor in it is quite old and struggling. you sometimes have to manually start spinning it.

I'm not sure on OE spares.

Depending on whether it is belt drive or direct drive, it could be as simple as fitting a new belt &/or giving the bearings a service (clean, lube etc).

I had mine done by this guy - http://liquidaudio.com.au/

He cleaned the chassis, lid, tonearm, platter and mechanism, lubed the mechanism, motor and spindle bearing, fitted a new belt, repaired a crack in the tone arm, replaced the mains suppression capacitor (which was cracked), adjusted the sub-chassis suspenson, set the alignment and adjustment on the arm lift and fitted the new cart. Most of those things aren't that difficult to do but given its age and that it had been in storage for over 10 years, I thought it best to get him to deal with it. Was well worth it.

Maybe try and find somone similar local to you and see what they say.

The Rotel

DSCN7372_zpsnwyscjm7.jpg

DSCN7376_zpstmtxfagd.jpg

DSCN7377_zpssumgj82o.jpg

DSCN7374_zpsimzitlza.jpg

And a mates Thorens that he has recently had some work done on (not sure of model)

Thorens_zpsa5h8bud3.jpg

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm not sure on OE spares.

Depending on whether it is belt drive or direct drive, it could be as simple as fitting a new belt &/or giving the bearings a service (clean, lube etc).

I had mine done by this guy - http://liquidaudio.com.au/

He cleaned the chassis, lid, tonearm, platter and mechanism, lubed the mechanism, motor and spindle bearing, fitted a new belt, repaired a crack in the tone arm, replaced the mains suppression capacitor (which was cracked), adjusted the sub-chassis suspenson, set the alignment and adjustment on the arm lift and fitted the new cart. Most of those things aren't that difficult to do but given its age and that it had been in storage for over 10 years, I thought it best to get him to deal with it. Was well worth it.

Maybe try and find somone similar local to you and see what they say.

The Rotel

DSCN7372_zpsnwyscjm7.jpg

DSCN7376_zpstmtxfagd.jpg

DSCN7377_zpssumgj82o.jpg

DSCN7374_zpsimzitlza.jpg

And a mates Thorens that he has recently had some work done on (not sure of model)

Thorens_zpsa5h8bud3.jpg
I've got a Rotel just like that, someone threw it out at a council clean-up. Just needed a bit of a clean and polish.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
New member wanting to know recent purchases.

I got milk