Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Thanks mate, yeah I'm really happy with it, almost no visible dust etc in the paint which considering it was done in a pretty dusty/dirty environment came out really good.

I'd say it's easily an 8/10.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
mate... seeing these pics of it all done is how I feel doc brown felt seeing the delorean go back to the future

absolutely blown away

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Thanks mate, yeah I'm really happy with it, almost no visible dust etc in the paint which considering it was done in a pretty dusty/dirty environment came out really good.

I'd say it's easily an 8/10.
If you find yourself peering into the garage a few times a day then I think you've done it right.
Hats off to the effort, I wouldn't know where to start on a job that big!

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
If you find yourself peering into the garage a few times a day then I think you've done it right.
Hats off to the effort, I wouldn't know where to start on a job that big!
Hahah, yep I must admit I do go out there with a beer and just stare at it at times.

I've ended up sending those photos off to get turned into a framed print for my office so I don't have to go to the garage :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hahah, yep I must admit I do go out there with a beer and just stare at it at times.
I think that's standard protocol isn't it? I know every time I build something or paint something it needs to get the stand back and stare at least a few times.
If you have mates help with the project then you all stand back and stare.

I've even seen solo projects that mates come over, stand back for a good old ganzer.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Potato shot as the bonnets not closed and there wasn't much room to get a good angle.

HDT Headlight covers arrived, should look shmick out in the sun, I reckon that really finishes the front end off.

l9uCuXK.jpg

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Potato shot as the bonnets not closed and there wasn't much room to get a good angle.

HDT Headlight covers arrived, should look shmick out in the sun, I reckon that really finishes the front end off.

l9uCuXK.jpg

how did you get those covers with stripes? the Statesman/Caprice covers were logo only :(

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
how did you get those covers with stripes? the Statesman/Caprice covers were logo only :(
They are the standard VS/S ones, they still fit on the caprice just a bit shorter along the park lamps down the sides.

It's a lil annoying they don't make them like that, but the stripes are what sold me on them not the HDT logo.