Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was getting all excited too, thinking I'd be seeing an SC fitted down the track.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I was getting all excited too, thinking I'd be seeing an SC fitted down the track.
Unfortunately if I was going boost the invoice for my engine would look very different in the last page.

I'm going to be around 10.8-11:0 comp with my 55cc heads and a zero deck which means boost is completely out of the question.

Nitrous however :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Only a piston swap away.....

But with a blower you probably really want to do some bottom end strengthening.

I'm really itching for a Harrop 2300. After going back to N/A on the subaru I MISS boost!

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Only a piston swap away.....

But with a blower you probably really want to do some bottom end strengthening.

I'm really itching for a Harrop 2300. After going back to N/A on the subaru I MISS boost!
Yeah those 2300’s sound absolutely amazing and work really well.

But I really want to do the high comp angry setup with a sneeze of nitrous at the track for a bit.

I’d also like to have a play with building my own turbo setup one day too, one day maybe.

Looking like I’ll get to have a run at the new drag strip later in the year on the old slapper engine to get a baseline time, then next year I’ll do an N/A pass on the 355 then a 100-150 shot pass so I can see how much difference there is each step

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'll admit I'm looking forward to playing with an angry 304 first, it'll have the torque the Subaru lacks.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
im going to need the details on the battery box and iso set up. I absolutely HATE my plastic battery box. its junk. and i love the idea of having an iso switch to not drain the battery as my stato sits..

I've got some gilmer belt drive noise, not by choice. its still loose as hell, I had it more loose but kept flinging the belts off while driving.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
im going to need the details on the battery box and iso set up. I absolutely HATE my plastic battery box. its junk. and i love the idea of having an iso switch to not drain the battery as my stato sits..

The battery tray is Aeroflow.
https://outlawspeed.com.au/shop/af64-4366

The circuit breaker imo is a must for running power cables over such a long distance. I mounted one of these right next to the battery meaning if there is a wiring fault or the wiring gets pinched or shorted the circuit breaker will trip and kill power at the battery, more convenient than a fuse too because if and when you've fixed the issue you can just flick it back on again.

$15 on ebay.
s-l1600.jpg

The master switch is also just another ebay job, about $20
s-l1600.jpg

I mounted it where I did so I can reach it by just flipping the back seat ski hatch down and grabbing it from there and I can also reach it with the boot open.

I like to kill the power too when I'm not driving the car as the statos have a lot of power draw (analogue clock, alarm, stereo security etc. I find it goes flat if I leave it for more than a month at a time.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
A maintenance charger will keep the battery topped up when the car isn’t in use
I've thought about it, and I do have a ctek in a drawer somewhere I got as a gift but I've always been weary of leaving things like that plugged in.

I know someone who lost their house years ago from a maintainence charge gone bad, however I do realise the technology has advanced so much since then, it still sits in the back of my mind.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Fit the wiper cover up at lunch.

Looks so much better than the OEM one, was worth all the heartache of trimming/cutting/filing etc.
YMjebRX.jpg

Going to need to replace the windscreen at some point, looks like some welding spatter made it through my towls/blankets onto the glass when I was filling the firewall.