Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Proper sports cars from Britain

DANS_S4

DANS S4
Reaction score
Website
www.toptiara.com
Members Ride
AUDI S4!
Well, it seems that after a very long time in the wilderness, there is some promise for the future in the British sports car market.

The days of the old style MG's and Triumphs are long gone (sadly) and there hasn't been much of any interest (with a few exceptions), although the market may be returning.

I don't know if anybody here follows what goes on back in Blighty, but TVR were bought out by the Russians a while back and there was some real concern that the company might just vanish. Happily not - as they are now selling this little beauty http://www.tvr.co.uk/specification_sagaris.php - looks like a proper sports car should :)

Not content with launching one car from the UK, seems that Marcos are finally launching one to the public after only showing potential customers what might be coming with their previous models - http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/marcos_tso_gtc.html not quite as fast as the TVR, but its no slouch and with looks to die for.

Keeping an eye on the market back there to see if anybody else comes up with anything decent :)

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
apparently the chinese are going to start building MGs again..

DANS_S4

DANS S4
Reaction score
Website
www.toptiara.com
Members Ride
AUDI S4!
apparently the chinese are going to start building MGs again..

LOL sadly the MG name got trashed after Rover tried to resurrect it. I forget the name of the high end model they launched, but it was priced like a 911 but with the build quality of a Lada. I'd be very surprised if they ever come up with anything decent, although being Chinese built they might be nice and cheap :D

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
I love old British sports cars, but all the newer generation MG's and stuff... not so good. Its good to see that they are making a bit of a comeback. Top gear always very closely follow this issue.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Hard to make a comeback, safety regs has killed front end styling.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
I've got a 68 Mk3 Spitfire in my garage, admittedly it is in a million pieces, but one day, it will drive again!:thumbsup: love the spitties and GT6's.

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
I've got a 68 Mk3 Spitfire in my garage, admittedly it is in a million pieces, but one day, it will drive again!:thumbsup: love the spitties and GT6's.

Sweet! I love those cars. Almost got something similar instead of the commodore but I drive like 900km a week, and it'd be entirely impractical. Not to mention it would break down all the time.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i thought tvr went out of business like a year ago due to some shifty russian businessmen with mafia connections....

boh

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
In my shed at the moment I have a nice '71 MG B, admittedly with most of the pannelling (had pretty extensive rust repairs) and the engine (just rebuilt) removed. Looking forward to when my uncle finishes putting it back together (what? :p It's his car!) :p

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
hell yeah thats a nice little beast, can't complain about a 0-100 of 3.7 and a top speed 160+ mph (those facts are defiently straight from the site:p )