Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purchased a car from car yard, possible that the RWC is dodgy..

Locksmiff

Reaction score
I would take it to vicroads and book it in for a vicroads pits inspection and at the same time show them the supplied RWC you received for the car on purchase.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Car yards are full of dodgy bastards. The lesson here is if you something smells dodgy before you buy the car walk away, don't buy it. Good luck getting some justice.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
First thing I would be doing is taking it to a very reputable mechanic and getting a FULL look over. Get a complete roadworthy check and raise any possible concerns like the steering to the mechanic doing the check.

Get a list of things that need to be fixed, take them to the seller. Tell them the car is ****, tell them you got a new RWC and tell them to fix these issues.

If they pretty much tell you to get stuffed or do not complete the work to a satisfactory nature, go straight to the VACC - Victorian Automotive Chamber of Commerce. They give people licenses to sell cars and do roadworthies and generally look over all those automotive within Victoria.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Chances are its a dodgy rwc, the industry is swarming with them, i know someone, who knows a mechanic, who for $150 will give you a rwc complete with mythical repairs done no questions asked. Definately a concern.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
Chances are its a dodgy rwc, the industry is swarming with them, i know someone, who knows a mechanic, who for $150 will give you a rwc complete with mythical repairs done no questions asked. Definately a concern.
lol might be the same mate as mine ...

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
Know your rights

just a bit of basic info on the carsales buyers page, i know its not really in depth but it gives you some ideas on what can happen when you buy a buggered car.
definitely get onto it quick.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
Not sure how it works in VIC but in NSW its illegal for a registered car dealer to sell a registered car that is not roadworthy. I would get a full inspection done by a reputable licenced inspection station. Then take that report to your relevant authorities. The department of fair trading of the victorian equivalent would be a good place to start or the Motor traders Association. He has broken the law if the laws are similar to NSW and he is up for serious fines/penalties if he doesnt put the car right or give you your money back.

Matt

con7502003

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr
report the dodgy arsehole

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,