Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio help before i go crazzzzyyyy please

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
here u go says u have a blue wire thats ur antena wire and ur remote wire is blue with white trace, thats wat ur going 2 use, that should run straight 2 ur amp 2 switch it on is that wat uve done?

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/CDXGT71W_install.pdf

the pdf even shows u how 2 wire up ur set up easy as man hope this helps.

The other problem i have is that there is no remote wire on the loom adaptor, i have atached it to the ignition red wire on the loom with no luck, so it wont switch the amp, which works fine.

kosta.

now u say this also. The ISO plug may have a spare wire u can use but not needed as the remote wire can b run seperate straight from the unit 2 the amp. make sure u got ur batt+ yellow wire hooked up 2 constant 12V and ur red ACC+ wire hooked up 2 ur igniton.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
if your connecting the amp to the head units power it will draw too much current. this will blow the fuse. use an accesory power supply to switch the amp if the stereo doesnt have a switch wire.

koztek55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 5.7 6spd
Fixed, was getting voltage drop because the cable was getting to hot in the spot that it was in, sorted the power cable out, and everything is fixed thanks guys

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fixed, was getting voltage drop because the cable was getting to hot in the spot that it was in, sorted the power cable out, and everything is fixed thanks guys

too hot? that doesnt sound right if that is the case then ur best up upgrading ur power cable assuming u must b using 8 gauge?

koztek55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 5.7 6spd
too hot? that doesnt sound right if that is the case then ur best up upgrading ur power cable assuming u must b using 8 gauge?

Spoke to a car audio guy, he said where it was running across the front of the car past the radiator, it messes with the resistance of the cable, so I made hole on the brake.booster firewall grommet, ran new 2g cable and it fine

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spoke to a car audio guy, he said where it was running across the front of the car past the radiator, it messes with the resistance of the cable, so I made hole on the brake.booster firewall grommet, ran new 2g cable and it fine

ahhh wat the hell was it doing there? haha sounds good man glad its sorted tho :)