Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
yes its a modified buick pan because they tig steel weld them if it was an ecotec theyd have to make alloy ones which requires a lot more work alloy is a prick to fold as it requires heating/annealing to avoid cracking it.
theyd then have to make the windage tray baffles and everything out of alloy easier to make it out of steel
You're pretty much going to have to run a cork gasket

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Have seen an Ecotec sump used on a Buick with initially leaking results. Intersting to see what a Buick sump fits like on an Ecotec.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Ok guys,
The core we use is a brand new genuine Buick core from Holden's pressing company. The differences between the Eco and Buick are minor as stated above, The rear holes are slighty out, we re drill the back corner hole but the two rear holes we weld up as they are not needed... The factory Ecotec sump doesn't even have holes to begin with...
Obviously because it's a Buick core you run a Buick gasket. I have been running a race sump on my VS for about 4 years with no leaks because I sealed it correctly, using a sealant.
If you have any further problems call us.

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
i got the acl race gasket for the sump but ive put the standard sump on as you can see to stop rusting and to prevent crap from going in the motor. ill get another one, or do you think this gasket will be ok still??? its been on for 2 weeks or so. i rang ASR and sent back the pan, they were genuinely really helpful and they said that they would pay postage i was really happy. they got it this morning and they are putting the weldings on and inspecting the pan today and i should have it tomorrow afternoon which i was really happy about aswell. Really happy with the service :)

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
now, what do i do with the EGR valve, how do i go about blocking it off??? do i even put that ugly thing back on the back of the motor?? lol

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Call Holden Spare parts and ask for the VN/P/R Buick rubber gasket, it's grey. If will seal fine, just run a bead of sealant around the whole rail.
Ben

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Doing it now :)