Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rechargeable Batteries - what are you using/recommend

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have charged my AAA's stacks of times and they are not showing any evidence of leaking. I have also save $100's from recharging and not buying disposable batteries.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
eneloops, been using them for years, they still hold a good reliable charge.

have heard good things about the ikea ones but yeah never had the need to even try anything else.

If you are just starting out be sure to check the mAh of the batteries in question (1800 is the lowest i have) and lean away from quick chargers.

Be aware that some rechargeables cannot handle devices that draw a lot of power and you may need more premium versions of the batteries you buy (for eneloop that's the pro ones).

Reactions: Lex

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
thanks all.

looked at the items requiring batteries and honestly outside of the xbox there isn't really too much requiring batteries in this house. So for now I grabbed a xbox rechargeable pack, and will wait for an eneloops deal on OzB.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
For the xbox I bought a handful of the packs off ebay cheap and a 24 pack of disposable from Supercheap in the drawer just in case for 10 bucks. I don't know what brand is under the label but they are some long lasting disposable batteries that put the Duracell I had to shame. In the Meta Quest controllers they go for a month easy of regular use

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've been using Duracell rechargeable batteries.

For the Wii we bought rechargeable battery packs that go in place of regular batteries. Worked quiet well until the kids stopped using em and they died.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I've been using Duracell rechargeable batteries.

For the Wii we bought rechargeable battery packs that go in place of regular batteries. Worked quiet well until the kids stopped using em and they died.

for all previous consoles I have always had packs especially when the kids were small. I can't recall why the last purchase I didn't grab controller packs. It might have been scarcity related given how hard it was to find a next gen console in stock 2yrs ago.

Sorted now, won't be chewing through packs of AAs like lollies for now.