Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline v SV Black

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Reg Rabbit I saw your car on Sunday. Looking good. It was tucked away in the back room. Waiting for your pick up i assume.

Reg Rabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV SV Black
Reg Rabbit I saw your car on Sunday. Looking good. It was tucked away in the back room. Waiting for your pick up i assume.

I picked mine up on Friday 19 August. If you were at Sutherland Holden I know they got another white one in but with only the sunroof, no black roof.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Ah ok well there is another white with black roof and sunroof about to hit the streets. It's coming from castle hill.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Well here I am back considering the SV black.

I stand by my comments at the start, 70K for the HSV over a mid 50's SSVR is a fail.

But these were released in June, 350 made to clear our by September. Then the 150 Track editions would sell in September & October.

And here is the part that has me interested...

We are in September now, and 187 SV Blacks are listed on Carsales. More than half are still sitting there. Throw another 150 Track editions on the pile and these cars need to be sold in under 6 weeks!

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding with the Euro V compliance is these vehicle have to be sold before 31st October 2016. Or at the very least, registered as demos.

I also see a couple of internet review sites have recently had one pushed on them for review to get some additional publicity.

Am I crazy to think in the last week of October, that a bargain HSV could be picked up?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't think they'll need to be registered as demos by the time the new emissions rules take effect. Pretty sure it's about when they were made.

Still think there should be some bargains around, but don't think a particular date in October will have any effect.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Yeah, been looking into it tonight and everything I have found says "Sold"

Australia’s new vehicle emissions regulations timeline

"By November 1, 2016, all new cars, SUVs and light commercial vehicles sold in Australia will have to meet the “full” Euro 5 emissions regulations, regardless of when the new model is launched"

If true, this means HSV left this run very late.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
HSV released this last batch of LS3 cars knowing about the new rules; they obviously intended to be 100% LSA for the last year of not selling Daewoo SUV's.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I was considering the track edition, but already ordered and picked up my Redline, be interesting to see what happens and what prices you can get a track edition for

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Demonstrators it is then! Of course if everything with an LS3 is pretty much a demonstrator as of November then they can dictate the price as they see fit surely?

Yeah, been looking into it tonight and everything I have found says "Sold"

Australia’s new vehicle emissions regulations timeline

"By November 1, 2016, all new cars, SUVs and light commercial vehicles sold in Australia will have to meet the “full” Euro 5 emissions regulations, regardless of when the new model is launched"

If true, this means HSV left this run very late.