Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline v SV Black

Reg Rabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV SV Black
I just found this bit of news from 2015, although it doesn't say which models get the extra 3 months. From my experience, any SV Black with a point of difference (sunroof, black roof, Rapier wheels, EDI) are much harder to get a discount on. If you just want a standard off the shelf unit then you can pick one up in the low to mid $60k's - especially in Victoria.

Government grants GM Holden short-term deferral of new emissions requirements for certain locally made models

EDIT: Sorry, just found the list of cars and it does not include HSV.

The 11 locally-made Holdens that currently do not meet the new emissions standards due to be introduced in Australia in November 2016 include:

Cruze Equipe sedan 1.8
Cruze Equipe hatch 1.8
Cruze CDX sedan 1.8
Commodore Evoke V6 sedan
Commodore Evoke V6 wagon
Commodore SV6 sedan
Commodore SV6 wagon
Calais V6 sedan
Calais V6 wagon
Commodore V6 ute
Commodore SV6 ute

Last edited:

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Will this trigger a price drop for track edition/LSA?

I don't think so. As far as I can tell, the take up on the LSA is doing well. The problem for HSV is they over estimated the demand for the LS3 clubbie after the LSA was born.

Demonstrators it is then! Of course if everything with an LS3 is pretty much a demonstrator as of November then they can dictate the price as they see fit surely?

Maybe. But without a price drop, they will continue to sit there getting older. If people aren't willing to pay $65k for a new one, they sure as hell won't pay that for one that has been driven and has lost 2 months rego / warranty.

From my experience, any SV Black with a point of difference (sunroof, black roof, Rapier wheels, EDI) are much harder to get a discount on. If you just want a standard off the shelf unit then you can pick one up in the low to mid $60k's - especially in Victoria.

You are correct. The sunroof models are still listed at $74k!

I'm not a HSV fanboi, so a premium for the name tag is of little value. But I'm looking at getting wheel upgrade, black out and spoiler on the SSVR anyway so if the SV black gets within 5k of the redline I will give it a serious look.

XR_Strider_GuY

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN F2 SV Black
Brabham,
I was like you, hanging to wait for the MY17 Redline. Here is my thoughts in an unbiased way. If you want to modify and aftermarket tune your next Commodore the HSV SV Black is not your car as tuning will get the Redline equal or most likely beyond the 340kw on offer.

If you want to keep it stock, there is alot of kit on that car over the red line that in justifies the price. Factory Extractors, bimodal HSV exhaust, the big intake that works in conjunction with the bimodal setup and the big brakes with braided lines. Inside, its exactly like any other HSV sans the R8 seats. You get the cloth covered A pillar along with the cloth covered sun visor and B pillar trim and a cd/dvd player (absent on redline).

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Brabham,
I was like you, hanging to wait for the MY17 Redline. Here is my thoughts in an unbiased way. If you want to modify and aftermarket tune your next Commodore the HSV SV Black is not your car as tuning will get the Redline equal or most likely beyond the 340kw on offer.

If you want to keep it stock, there is alot of kit on that car over the red line that in justifies the price. Factory Extractors, bimodal HSV exhaust, the big intake that works in conjunction with the bimodal setup and the big brakes with braided lines. Inside, its exactly like any other HSV sans the R8 seats. You get the cloth covered A pillar along with the cloth covered sun visor and B pillar trim and a cd/dvd player (absent on redline).

I don't think any of the factory offerings come with braided brake lines.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Is this the first they've been available, or is this the start of The Clearance Of Noncompliant LS3's?
A "Track Edition" with an automatic gearbox doesn't quite seem right either ... :)

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Out of curiosity what is the kW rating of the non hsv ls3 cars like the ssv and redline etc?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
304 on Holden vs 340 on HSV
Out of curiosity what is the kW rating of the non hsv ls3 cars like the ssv and redline etc?

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
Track Editions have just hot showrooms for $69k Drive away.

This is an impressive price considering that Track Edition has just hit the showrooms.

There are still about 165 SV black in carsales.
looks like End of year sales could be very interesting.