Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Religion Thread

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
If I can't trust the Bible from start to finish, then I musn't trust God 100% then would I? So what would that mean? God is telling the truth with this bit here, but that bit there God is not?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
people have to realise that one day to us could be equal to a billion years to God. so the 5 days before man was created could be a bloody long time. And the true jewish interpretation where it says God created the earth is actually God replentished the earth. so who's to say what was here before us and how long. also how someone asked where did the water go after noahs flood, ever hear of polar ice caps. and who says tectonic plate movement only occured after humans came about. now if you believe what i do about God replentishing the earth then that answers alot about the age of the earth and dinosaurs ets.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
So the knowledge of carbon14s decay rates & the sophisticated measuring of this isotope is crap is it?
The same method was used to validate the age of religious artifacts & documents. If the bone aint old then neither are these.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
vt1538 said:
So the knowledge of carbon14s decay rates & the sophisticated measuring of this isotope is crap is it?
The same method was used to validate the age of religious artifacts & documents. If the bone aint old then neither are these.

you just keep on coming through with the goods. the religious ones will claim science is a best guess, which it is, BUT they have eliminated every other option before coming to their final process. religion is a peoples best guess...or best interpretation of what was written. does the bible have an author, or is it just taken as common knowledge that what happened?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
zoist said:
While talking to my cousin about Church and God, I guess I wanted to know what it was all about and I wanted to know what he knew. I dug deeper and deeper into the issue. I read many articles from CMI and found that there is more evidence of our origins coming from inside the Bible than any evolutionary scientist could ever assume. At times I did find it hard to believe that the earth is only 6000 years old because of all the stuff that is being pushed everywhere. In the end I found that I had a billion times more evidence of everything I wanted to know than from a scientist on television telling me that this bone is 40 million years old. I think if a bone was 40 million years old then would you be looking at a bone or a pile of dust?
It seems to be very easy for people to automatically knock creation but they don't even really know anything about it. The answers are in genesis.

I didn't think anyone could count to a billion.... isn't that a million million ?

let see asuming you can count one number per second thats 1,000,000,000,000 sec / 31,536,000 seconds_in_a_year = 131,709 years

but even if you are eternal
according to you the earth is only 6000 yrs old.

excuse me if I dont believe you.

roflmao :rofl:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
That isn't even funny. You must be smoking.

_Mukas_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
its quite funny... youve got to be able to see the comedy in that, or does your religion forbid you from seeing the guy is taking the piss out of you and you cant have a laugh about it? lighten up champ

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Nothing wrong here. I didn't see why it was so funny. He knows I didn't mean 'billions'. I will say instead - many.

_Mukas_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
zoist said:
He knows I didn't mean 'billions'.

Exactly!!!! thats why he gave you ****...:hit:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
"or does your religion forbid you from seeing the guy is taking the piss out of you"

If I thought that, then I probably wouldn't be here socalising.

I think we need to stop using the word religion and instead use the word faith. Religion is a boring word.