Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VY/VZ door trim

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
If anyone is wondering - the existing black goo seems to remain tacky and resticks after it's been carefully peeled back. No need for additional adhesive.

I was and thank you!

Great how-to has convinced me to buy some sound dampening stickers and putting over door holes.

R

Risky

Removing the door cards was pretty easy after viewing this thread. The inserts took a little persuading but came out. I replaced them with WL Statesman leather door inserts and it's miles better than before. All I need now is a decent pair of leather seats.

Attachments

• 12047063.jpg
    12047063.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 454

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon
Hi guy just wondering does the plastic hook in the middle the front door trim hooks onto the metal latch on the doors, I can not get it to hook in because the DoorTrim keep going on top of the plastic tabs on the bottom off the door when I try press the trim flash with the door to try to hook it in

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hi guy just wondering does the plastic hook in the middle the front door trim hooks onto the metal latch on the doors, I can not get it to hook in because the DoorTrim keep going on top of the plastic tabs on the bottom off the door when I try press the trim flash with the door to try to hook it in
You need to explain what you are trying to achieve a little better.
Removing a VZ door trim takes me 5 minutes and replacing the door trim takes a little more.

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon
You need to explain what you are trying to achieve a little better.
Removing a VZ door trim takes me 5 minutes and replacing the door trim takes a little more.
sorry ive asked the question from my ipad and wouldnt allow me to download pictures onto here ive removed my door trims from my vt calais that i just bought to put better leather inserts in (old ones were completely scratched) here are the pictures

does this plastic hook (on the door trim) hook onto the metal latch on the door
IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG
s-l1600 (5).jpg