Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing rotors

VT_WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT ecotec
Hey guys , just wondering if anyone can give me quick over veiw of replacing my rotors on my 97 VT exec . cheers .

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Remove the wheel, remove the 2 bolts holding the caliper on, slide rotor off, put new one on, replace caliper, put wheel back on. You will probably need to push the pistons in the caliper in a bit so it will go over the new rotor. Release the handbrake when doing the rear rotors.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Remove the wheel, remove the 2 bolts holding the caliper on, slide rotor off, put new one on, replace caliper, put wheel back on. You will probably need to push the pistons in the caliper in a bit so it will go over the new rotor. Release the handbrake when doing the rear rotors.

Spot on, ill add if you can fit your caliper back on with out depressing the caliper then its probly time for new pads aswell. Also I like to torque the wheel nuts up so I know the rotor is sitting dead flat and how it should be.

VT_WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT ecotec
cheers fellas . just waiting for my slotted and drilled rotars , 400 bucks full set + pads brand new ! Thanks e-bay :) !

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Careful of those drilled rotors on the street, prone too cracking on a road car

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They are prone to cracking on a race car because of the extreme heat. I have heard of them cracking on street cars but only because of really really heavy braking all the time.

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
just did my front ones an hour ago, if you have trouble pulling the rotor off, there are 3 bolt holes in the middle, screw in some bolts to push it away from the hub.

VT_WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT ecotec
cracking due to heat ? i thought that was the hole point of the slotting and drilling was so they ran cooler ? i can understand it on a race car but a street car ? WTF . cheres OLS108 ill keep that in mind .