Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing WH auto leveling suspension in 2021

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
So I know my WH is still probably on original suspension and later this year I’d like to replace it and I know mine has the auto leveling rear suspension. Now it’s probably got a leak as it seems to run longer then it should too. I have no idea who sells the rear suspension that suits it.

I like how the car rides and I know that normal suspension won’t be as nice and coilovers probably can’t be set be set that nice either

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You probably just need new air shocks, the rubber bladders perish over time and develop leaks. I've replaced mine a couple of times.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
You probably just need new air shocks, the rubber bladders perish over time and develop leaks. I've replaced mine a couple of times.
I've seen Monroe do shocks and im guessing it might be the gas riser shock? I've got no idea who sells them otherwise

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Holden got Monroe to manufacture the OEM ones in the first place. Go with a new set of Monroe's for it.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Awesome to know. I had been wondering and done some looking but most threads i'd seen were about removing them or other parts of it. I'll purchase a pair soon then to replace the rears

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check to see that the rubber part of the shock inflates when your compressor kicks in, then check it later after the car has been sitting for a while. You can feel with you hands if they are inflated or not. Maybe some soapy water on them when they are pumped up will reveal any leaks.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Clicked on the link shown above...went down to see if WH caprice 5.7 V8 is a suitable vehicle and the result says they are not compatible.
Monroe website says this is a compatible air ride rear shock.
PART NUMBER: MGR-118
Monroe Gas Riser Shock Absorber (Pair) MGR-118 9312891007145 | eBay
I'm a bit late to reply but thats who I'd ended up getting them from. Ordered them back in October last year and didnt get them till December due to Covid but was still better then paying double the money from other suppliers.

Finally got around to installing it when i did the diff earlier in the year and had to redo the hoses due to it being original

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I'm a bit late to reply but thats who I'd ended up getting them from. Ordered them back in October last year and didnt get them till December due to Covid but was still better then paying double the money from other suppliers.

Finally got around to installing it when i did the diff earlier in the year and had to redo the hoses due to it being original
Working correctly & happy with the result?