Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rolf Harris verdict

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Doesn't seem much, but most of it was groping as compared to full sexual intercourse, I believe. Less serious charge, lesser sentence. Nonetheless, be prepared for the coming civil cases. His financial position is estimated to be $20 mil. Could very well soon be zero!

But it doesn't matter. Many places are removing plaques dedicated to him, galleries are covering up or removing his artworks, some talkback listeners apparently chucking out his records and DVDs. His name is mud, and his creative legacy, like it or loathe it, is trashed. Arguably, that's the biggest punishment of all at this stage in his life.

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
Yes, bring on the civil cases.

I'm not saying he did it, I'm not saying he didn't do it but the fact of the matter is that the inevitable talk of compensation and payouts and such, the fact some of victims and accusers look like they may make a lot of money-not to mention some have already done paid television interviews, does somewhat detract from the believability of their claims. Much like the allegations around Michael Jackson that just happened to go away when a settlement was reached.

I don't know what to believe. He was convicted, but it took the jury over a week to decide to convict. What does that tell me? It'd be easier to buy if they deliberated for a mere couple of hours or a day, not near enough to two weeks.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I guess taking in to account his age , 5 years 9 months :unsure: , but anybody who has daughters might be feeling a bit hard done by , I'm sure his victims are .
I may have heard wrong , but did he recently get voted one of Australia's most trusted people ? , oh what a cruel mistress irony can be .

Last edited:

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
what i dont under stand is why wait such a long time to bring it to light?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
what i dont under stand is why wait such a long time to bring it to light?

I was thinking the exact same thing mate , he's clearly got previous form , why they didn't act sooner is a mystery .

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
I have serious doubts on people being convicted on memories going back as far as 40 years. That said, if you do the crime you do the time. If the victims had come out a lot earlier i would feel a lot safer about this conviction.

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
One has to start wondering whether people start seeing $$ , in compensation , if it was indeed that harrowing for you , why did you not come forward before , that's not to say I don't have sympathy for victims of sexual crime , I do , I think the perpetrators are the lowest sort of being , and the victims deserve every bit of support they can get , but when a truck load of money makes it all better , and the story gets told to the women's magazines for $$ , that's when I get a little annoyed .

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Heard on the radio that one of the victims families is asking for space while they go through the ordeal and will tell their story through the appropriate channel soon enough. Translation... I've signed a book deal or magazine deal with big money and am not allowed to talk yet.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Heard on the radio that one of the victims families is asking for space while they go through the ordeal and will tell their story through the appropriate channel soon enough. Translation... I've signed a book deal or magazine deal with big money and am not allowed to talk yet.

it'is easy to be cynical , but I agree entirely .

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
it was said last night he would be out in 3 years ..... that's if he still alive that would make him around 87 yo , I suppose the other 2.9 years be his parole .

I think he got the right sentence if you take in account what he has lost that it self is a punishment . like was said why wait 40 years to come forward same with Robert Hughes , its sad what this victims have gone through the only way I see it if wasn't for the Money compensation pay out would they ever come forward . don't get me wrong this people need to answer for what they done. This victims are what 30 + years older now.