Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rookie speaker question

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
And here's me thinking sound stream were a "cheap" brand. lol, which in turn make sense of my use of "rookie" question! hahah Cheers

As for the speaker models, i've taken my time I know! -

Front are Clarion SRP1721S
Rear are Kenwood KFCM1634A

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
And forgot all about it, but I've also got a Pioneer avh-x3500dab sitting at home to be installed! :) Should help with the aid of the speaker sound "issue" i was having? Proper RCA points and a 50 Watt pre-out :)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Thanks mate! :) Any suggestions? I'm a perfectionist, so i thought a pioneer amp?
I don't usually recommend brands as I work as a technician for one of them.

I've pretty much always used unique high end brands in my systems but I always buy my friends products from my mainstream brand workplace and their systems sound great as long as they're installed correctly. So I've kind of lost the desire for high end brands, especially in the car environment with so much road, engine and exhaust noise.

All of these would be suitable along with many other brands out there. This just gives an idea of what power range you'd be after. Anything around 500W RMS at 2 ohm.
Alpine MRV-M500 - Alpine Electronics of Australia
Pioneer GM-D8601 - GM-D8601 Mono 1600W Class-D Car Amp, with Bass Boost Remote - Pioneer Amplifier, Amp
Kenwood KAC-8106D - Speakers | Car Electronics | Kenwood Australia
Focal FPP1000 - FPP1000 MONO AMPLIFIER $549 | Focal Car Audio Australia
Hifonics ZRX1200.1D - Hifonics Zeus Amplifiers
JL Audio XD600/1v2 - XD600/1v2 - Car Audio - Amplifiers - XD - JL Audio
Kicker CX600.1 - CX Amplifiers | KICKER
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D - PRIME Amplifiers - R500X1D - Rockford Fosgate®

And forgot all about it, but I've also got a Pioneer avh-x3500dab sitting at home to be installed! :) Should help with the aid of the speaker sound "issue" i was having? Proper RCA points and a 50 Watt pre-out :)

Just for future reference, "preout" means pre-amplifier output which is the RCA outputs. That head unit has 3 sets/pairs of RCA preouts and 50Wmax speaker outputs. The actual continuous power output of it is 22W x 4. Those speakers are rated at 55W and 60W continuous/RMS so you would be best getting an external amplifier.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Here we go again... StoneX repeating himself... Loves the sound of his own keyboard lol