Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rory's 2006 Patrol

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Yeah dobboes are good. That's what's in mine ATM. Till the coilovers go in that is!!

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Yeah dobboes are good. That's what's in mine ATM. Till the coilovers go in that is!!

Yeah I left you a comment on your build thread, that thing is off chops, ridiculous mate. Looks like its going to be a monster.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
In the beastly Yaris on the way home
jbi0DGs9YnyLwN.JPG

And a photo of the Patrol at Uni last night
jBaadoD3Z7LqL.JPG

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
How long till it's raised?

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
How long till it's raised?

Done now, had some friends come round yesterday and give me a hand with the install. It sits a lot nicer now and drives for the most part on the road like it has no lift, the rear sway bar needs replacing, either with a second hand stock part that a mate has or with aftermarket disconnects for more flex, It needs replacing because one of the links has started to fail, will get onto that within a week or so if I can. The car is much more comfortable over bigger bumps like train tracks and potholes as well.

I also have to consider tyre size and whether I will get some black steel rims in 16 inch for the new rubber. 2 reasons being 16's are $50 a corner cheaper (which covers rim costs), and that 16's will let the tyre "bag" out more after airing down than 17's. The new tyres will be 33's either way though and probably All Terrains, possibally Mickey Thompson P3's depending on funds.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Needs pics yo
Sounds good though, hopefully easy to sort out those small issues

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Needs pics yo
Sounds good though, hopefully easy to sort out those small issues

I know, I know. I really wanted to upload some with that post but I didn't take any yesterday. Its only 2 inch so its not massive. Yeah car is fine to drive, even with the (minor) issues, there is plenty of 4x4's without swaybars at all so a bit of play shouldn't hurt too much.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
You can fit 6 inch lifts in these and they still look stock with 35's.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
You can fit 6 inch lifts in these and they still look stock with 35's.

No. Just no. lol.
6inch lifts look cool but aren't practical. Especially when you can fit 37s on a 3inch lift with standard uptravel. And more down travel then most 5/6/7/8 inch kits can provide.
If you want a budget set of tyres get some kumho road ventures. That's what I run for daily/tourer duties.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The initial lift I was thinking about going was 3" but the fact that I could do 2" for half the cost and still fit 33" tyres meant that it made the most sense.
Pictures:
I was hoping the lift would keep me on all 4's while at this much flex but without swaybar disconnects I don't think its going to happen. The front flex was a bit of a let down, although I know Patrols struggle without Superflex radius arms.
juTwNoILY9rtc.JPG

and it sitting on flat ground, it is quite noticeable that the lift has been done but its not obnoxiously high.
jeAAkTEwoHnji.JPG