Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough Idle.....Holden Australia Update

SV6Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sers2 SV6 Manual
Well the old girl went in for its service today, this morning, to uphold my end of the servicing bargin. The service advisor booked me in and said "is there anything else we can do" hehehe I said yes fix the rough idle ect...whats going on...told him...we went out to the car and started it...looked at me with a puzzled look...and I said yes different isnt it.
He went and grabbed the head Mech had a talk with him out of my ear shot and they came over. The Mech asked the history and I told him, got in the car had a "play" looked at me ..looked at the service advisor back at me and said has never heard/seen such a thing. They agreed to "pull a lead off" and re-test it....anyway no fix. Service was done, they has a play 2 1/2hrs later appologised that they also were stumped and I drove of.
Contacted Holden Aust on my return home to see if they had rec'd my emails of all the Doc's sent to them from the ACCC, ACL and Fair Trading to see if the supervisor want to talk. Was told he had alook and didn't change anything....sorry not our issue.
Rang Fair Trading and started the ball rolling, told them my issue and the lady was gobbed smacked and said they have to do something if there is a fault....well maybe they do but refuse to...$202.00 later paperwork submitted and now waiting for my day at the Tribunal

For the record.
At no stage did I ever want it to go this far...but push has gone to shove. Yes I'm a very small car owner in a sea of Holden cars, but with nearly $54k invested in this Veh (once the loan is paid out inc interest ect) I am not just going to "roll" over on this one.
I can't sell it as my conscious would not allow it...and I simply wouldn't do it.

Well guys as it all nearly draws to an end other than posts to "update the Tribunal journey/trip" thanks to all who have taken the time to reply/comment and those who have stopped by for a "read".

Chrees for the time being. Paul.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Please keep us updated! I hate seeing the little guys squashed by the big guys!

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Paul I hope a good outcome is coming your way.
Will read everything you have to say.
Good luck mate.

SV6Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sers2 SV6 Manual
Update 9Dec 14
Well after my turn at the Tribunal must have got the Judge on a bad day. Presented my case provided all the info I had, the only Defence Holden had was not all the issues provide were written down by the Dealers. So with that for an FYI to all what my fault was all the talikings to SVC Managers, Head Mechs if they do not write everything you say down on paperwork and both parties have it it dosent hold water.
Holden asked what I wanted and I said plainly a new car dosent need to be a new VF but it is to be a new VE Ser2 as a minimum. Holden said not going to happen.
So after getting alittle upset the judge has said one more time to repair (8 times in total) and they will need to provide "another" vehicle.
So back to the dealer and we go around and around again.
Waiting for another hearing date and we'll see what happens.

Atleast another step forward.......as small as it is.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Get them for all you can get after this much stuffing around. Go get a VF from them!
Good luck with the next step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Update 9Dec 14
Well after my turn at the Tribunal must have got the Judge on a bad day. Presented my case provided all the info I had, the only Defence Holden had was not all the issues provide were written down by the Dealers. So with that for an FYI to all what my fault was all the talikings to SVC Managers, Head Mechs if they do not write everything you say down on paperwork and both parties have it it dosent hold water.
Holden asked what I wanted and I said plainly a new car dosent need to be a new VF but it is to be a new VE Ser2 as a minimum. Holden said not going to happen.
So after getting alittle upset the judge has said one more time to repair (8 times in total) and they will need to provide "another" vehicle.
So back to the dealer and we go around and around again.
Waiting for another hearing date and we'll see what happens.

Atleast another step forward.......as small as it is.

You finally learnt to spell vehicle. Well done

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Another vehicle meaning a courtesy car during repairs or?

SV6Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sers2 SV6 Manual
You finally learnt to spell vehicle. Well done

Thanks to the spelling Police. As I'm using an ipad its not the best to type with...but thanks for stopping by for your comment.

Car went into the Holden's Dealer that they wanted it to go to. Showed the "head" Mech what was going on and agreed, after I asked "do you see the problem I'm talking about" to that he said "yes".
Anyway after a the phone call 5 days later that they now could not see "any issues".
I finally rec'd the paperwork today.
Low and behold they clearly state they can not "reproduce" any of the faults and even said I was there with them WTF. A quick phone call back to said Dealer asking for a please explain......but no comment. A quick reminder to them that falsely writing a document can be used against you in the Tribunal....slience.....so I said again if you really want to produce this document to the Tribunal Judge I'm bring a Bible and you had better have Legal Representative come with you because you will need it.....silence....please ask the gentleman who wrote this to ring me so I can be sure that he wants this in the Tribunal, if he does better bring him aswell.......silence......and you had better tell Nick in Service to be there because he seen it playing up on the day when I picked it up.....silence.....hello are you there....ummmm yes....do you clearly understand where I'm coming from???? ummmm yes I'll get Anthony to call you.
4 hours later at closing time no phone call.

This just gets better and better

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I really feel sorry for you mate,this is one of the reasons people have turned away from holden and ford because of this type of rubbish service,do you have the lemon laws in Sydney
maybe you should get aca involved,they did that here but it was today tonight here in sa a while ago and lo and behold a new car 2 days later
best of luck