Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S2 SV6 replacing Purge Valve Solenoid

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Oh and unless I grabbed the wrong thing, the EVAP was on the drivers side in my S2 SV6

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Yes it is the same thing, my bad but its the idle control solenoid that doesn't have fuel in it, the purge valve does get fuel it it carried through the vapours
fuel pressure in the line can release the vapours enough to give you a good face full which is why i mention to release the pressure
better safe than sorry especially if the valve is stuck closed

It did also give a bit of a pressure "pop" when I unplugged it too :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Okay, so I pulled it off, no worries at all and did the "blow test" and no air coming through at all, at least didn't seem like it. So must be up for a new engine :(
Unless anyone has anything else I can try before that?

Mine was intermittent, sometimes could, sometimes couldn't.

I fixed mine when I used some Suburu top end cleaner down the hose to it. In hind sight, should have just replaced it because at some point its going to do it again.

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Mine was intermittent, sometimes could, sometimes couldn't.

I fixed mine when I used some Suburu top end cleaner down the hose to it. In hind sight, should have just replaced it because at some point its going to do it again.

So do you think that even though I could not feel any leaks I should try replace it? Only like $65 on ebay.
When listening to my engine though, it sounds like the ticking is coming from the top of the engine almost

mark 7888

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 30l sidi
purge valve eng light ,i got a 3l sidi 6 months ago the purge valve causes lots of issues ,the engine light ruff idle at start not changing gears properly , running like a pig ,the sidi engine is a finely tuned motor so for$57 change it, the erro p codes appear on the scan tool get them on ebay $54 WORTH IT after changing the valve a p0443 generic permanent codes show up and goes away after a long drive note the valve does not open until the engine drops in revs after starting then the ecu does the work , disconnect the neg side of the battery after changing for 1 hour ,kill all the bugs in computer , then take it out the road and flog it [no speeding] this gets all the senors reading correctly , after that you will wonder why you didn't do it before the trans and motor perform like they should and they are a nice motor ,
the other thing you should do is the catch tank from the pvc valve after reading a few things on this yep do it build up on carbon on the inlet valves cause bad airflow $30 ebay , both things are easy to do ,
change your oil every 10,000 oil is cheap timming chains are not [2k to 3k ], saw a interesting youtube about this and it get back to oil changes ,oil build up blocking the oil galleries on the drivers side pvc valve to the chains ? and use a good oil
good luck

located drivers side under the engine cover in the black intake manifold 10mm bolt
s-l500.jpg
PART NUMBER: 12610560
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fast-Sh...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Univers...oir-Hose-AU-/172851180880?hash=item283ebbb550

mark 7888, 1 minute ago Edit Report