Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Safety Recall] Electric Power Steering — MY2014 to MY2016 Holden & HSV, VF Commodore & WN Caprice

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Ive been to all the so called top suspension shops in perth and not a single one can do a good alignment from my experience,i think i only paid $60-65 for my last 4 wheel alignment on the wags at ttf maddo,im definitely taking it back there after its been at holden.

My local is Balcatta. Have been going there for years and see no reason to try anyone else when they have done a good job each time on various vehicles.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
@mpower did Fulcrum indicate what Holden fiddled with during the EPS recall when Fulcrum fixed your steering wheel position and corrected the alignment?

According to statements within the forum, the EPS motor and connecters are replaced but the rack itself is not removed. As such, it shouldn’t have any impact on camber or toe settings... So I’m just curious whether Holden service are as incompetent as we sometimes ascribe.... anecdotal evidence seems to imply yes :oops:

Guess that’s why I want public access of the old FORS styles recall notices (that had the detailed technical information of what is actually done) so that we can ensure the lazy gits actually do their job as expected and as required :mad:

they didn't indicate what had been done unfortunately. Gave me a bit of a blank look when i mentioned the recall I assume they haven't seen many cars come through most people probably either a) put up with it or b) return to Holden for rectification.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Just picked the wagon up from gibbons holden in gosnells,no damage to the car that ive seen and the alignment seems perfectly fine fingers crossed,my steering never had an issue before,they replaced the whole rack assembly,he confirmed this,he said in the beginning they were just doing the ps motors but now they do the complete rack. Hope it keeps going good and i dont find any damage:)
I got absolutely no paperwork to say what they did.
Stressed me out all day,glad its over.
For the sake of $65 ill get my guy to do a wheel alignment anyway just to double check:)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just picked the wagon up from gibbons holden
So much for all the jokes about letting monkeys loose on your beloved Commodore! :D

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
:D
They had a white director on the showroom floor while i was in there,had director plates too:cool:
Last one i ever saw was a vl.

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
Received my notice in early January and called immediately, earliest available was today.

Based on this thread I should be checking alignment, most likely excessive pull to the left and faeces, also likely excessive inside the car.

Wish me luck.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Got mine done 2 weeks ago.
I detailed the car before I took it in, in the hope that they would take care of it. It was pretty good when I got it back, thankfully!
They said that they had to do an alignment afterwards. It seems to be driving pretty well.
I guess I should feel lucky.
I still have to climb underneath to check all the bolts they have touched. Haha

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Got mine back from a service with this .
20200330_142609.jpg

Sent an email with photo's but no response yet . NEVER AGAIN !!!
EDIT: Still looking for the faeces

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Still looking for the faeces
Go to the dealer, the little shi.t is the apprentice that's tasked with moving the cars around o_O