Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VN Lexxxcen LS1 T56

DavoVP

Reaction score
If my memory is right ( can check the thread ) isnt there half a VR loom under that dash ?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
looks soo good. youve got the hardest part to do put the car back together after its painted. i had to do that on mine and wish i done it the other way. had the car all done then send it for paint.

definitely go the tuff mounts and pacemakers. they fit like a glove although they do come very close to the steering rack boots and melt them. afaik pacemaker now supply alluminium heatshields to fit over the rack boots.

ive got a set of 16" ve stockies that would look horn on this red vn. theyre 16x6 fronts and 16x8 rears

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
If my memory is right ( can check the thread ) isnt there half a VR loom under that dash ?
Not 100% sure what wiring is in it just yet - that's a future me problem! Most of it looks to be there though from what I can see around the centre console area.
looks soo good. youve got the hardest part to do put the car back together after its painted. i had to do that on mine and wish i done it the other way. had the car all done then send it for paint.

definitely go the tuff mounts and pacemakers. they fit like a glove although they do come very close to the steering rack boots and melt them. afaik pacemaker now supply alluminium heatshields to fit over the rack boots.

ive got a set of 16" ve stockies that would look horn on this red vn. theyre 16x6 fronts and 16x8 rears
I don't have that much more to do than what I managed the first time through to be honest :) ... Literally everything in the white VN's engine bay is not meant to be there, the steering column is the only stock part left. It's really MOSTLY going to be just a smooth swap over from one to the other.

I'm staying away from stockies this time around man, the VZ R8s will do nicely for now. Pretty sure HSV 330s don't fit under 16s anyway. Thanks though :)

DavoVP

Reaction score
Awesome man, I cant wait to see it with a LS1 under the hood !

Oh supercharged of course ;)

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
I've got my 17" simmons up for sale. I was gonna strip and rebuild them with the centers done in black but they're currently a red that would just about match the paint on the new car perfectly. Pm me if you're keen

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
wheres the pic pack at? (pick pack = photos)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sorry Sam, but lose that black bumper, it looks like **** lol. Would have been nicer the same colour as the car.

There is a guy over here putting an LS1 into a VK right now, I'm doing the stand alone loom for him. He bought a heap of conversion bits off Ebay and none of it fits.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Sorry Sam, but lose that black bumper, it looks like **** lol. Would have been nicer the same colour as the car.

There is a guy over here putting an LS1 into a VK right now, I'm doing the stand alone loom for him. He bought a heap of conversion bits off Ebay and none of it fits.

I actually like the black bumpers, they look great done in a gloss like this! still jealous Sam wish i could have picked this up :(, im sure the LS1 conversion will be easy for ya seeing as you've done it before.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS

I like them in black :) once it's sitting at the proper height it will look tough. Re: conversion parts, I feel his pain. I'm keeping an eye out for some Pacemaker headers and Tuff mounts, will hopefully fit better than the CAE **** I currently have.
I actually like the black bumpers, they look great done in a gloss like this! still jealous Sam wish i could have picked this up :(, im sure the LS1 conversion will be easy for ya seeing as you've done it before.
I hope so! Wiring it will be the time consuming bit as I'm not full bottle on what's currently in the car or how to interface a high level BCM.