Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Selling my VT to a wreckers - How much should I get for it?

dobes

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Yea my Dads VT wagon got into an accident (front banged up), wreckers offered him about $300. Which is a shame, had new recently bought tires on it too.

He ended up selling it to a panel beater for $1000. The panel beater has since fixed it and turned it into a courtesy car for his customers. See if you know any shops that might be interested in that sort of thing?

Or as mentioned, sell it on eBay. If the rest of the car is in decent nick, then somebody who knows what he's doing might just buy it.

Jeez sounds like you got lucky, nice work

Trying ebay now, but there are so many fees
7.90% of the price i sell at, i have to pay ebay...

Edit: Actually, it's only $45 fixed
That's not too bad I guess

Ranjan Ratnam

Reaction score
Members Ride
s2
Sory a new member . Scrap car dealers offer around $100 to $150. Call few of them ask for the best offer. Nearby dealers might offer more.

Last edited by a moderator:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Think he might have sorted it 4 years on...

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I would recommend https://www.wrecky.com.au/car-wreckers/ if you want to sell your commodore in Melbourne Region. I got good cash for my 1996 vt commodore.
That's funny since there's no such car. Also, you're trying to advertise your business on this forum without moderator approval. @immortality
upload_2017-9-18_21-41-23.png