Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Reminder Reset?

MIMSHA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
check driver train

hold down TRIP and at the same time turn the the KEY to " ON " it should come up on the screen RESET SERVICE. Let go of the trip button and and push and hold the UP and DOWN button on the left side of the steering wheel for 3 - 4 seconds it will bip My name is Chris and i work for Holden

Hi chris,
this a new question, i have a vz 06, have only done 75k on it. i get a message saying check driver train. my mechanic cleared it, but comes back next day. can you help please?

cheers,
MIMSHA

Last edited by a moderator:

Nux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
I Tried this, and it says service reset, awaiting confirmation.
I can't work out what to push to make it reset. Tried holding mode and set for ages but it's not going away.

Hold down only the up & down arrow buttons (below the mode button) of the trip computer.
Turn the ignition to ON
After about 3 seconds the service reading will appear
Release the up & down arrows
You'll hear a beep
Hold the up & down arrows again & it should reset
Turn the ignition off.
No more service warning :)
(that's off memory so hope it's accurate- but it is in the standard manual that comes with the car).

KRUPTD

VN BT1 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman,XE Falcon,HJ V8 panel van,HZ tonner
That refers to VT/VX,on the VY/VZ's you need to hold down the 2 top buttons turn the key to on and then a service light will come up to reset service light/oil light,then press and hold the set button and till it beeps then done.

Jethro

jethro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Dual Fuel 2011 and 98 VS Statesman S/C
So why when this question is typed into the FAQ's section it does not come up????

Harpo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina 3.8
hold down TRIP and at the same time turn the the KEY to " ON " it should come up on the screen RESET SERVICE. Let go of the trip button and and push and hold the UP and DOWN button on the left side of the steering wheel for 3 - 4 seconds it will bip My name is Chris and i work for Holden

You da man Chris. Worked perfectly Many thanks. :)

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Here is my take on this>>>04 VZ exec v6
With ign off , press up and down buttons together.......turn ign on.......wait for beeps, if message says reset or confirmation.....press 'SET' and hold it until cleared.
You will not find this in your glovebox manual.