Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"service steering column lock" message & lose of p/steering while moving

Fergie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV RL Sedan, 2016 SSV RL Wagon
Hi,

I’ve read the older posts on the “service steering column lock” and most are that the car will not start, or similar to my issue but in 2014. I did see there is a recall in the USA for this issue.

Mine happens while driving and you lose the power steering while moving. Restart the car at the next lights, fixed. It’s a SSV Redline 2013 build, 110,000kms. The message first came up in 2015, dealer could not find any faults, now twice in 2 weeks.

Has anyone had success getting this fixed under warrantee when the car is out of warrantee. Anyone know what the fix is?

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
i'd be getting onto customer care. if they looked at it in 2015 AND there is a recall in the US, then I would be pushing for them to fix it for free.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I had the extact same issue with my car and its also a 2013 build redline. You need to get the steering rack changed. Talk to Holden regarding it even if its passed warranty. My warranty passed and Holden still changed the steering rack free of charge since holden knew early builds suffered from that issue..

Fergie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks, it is booked in for next week, we shall see what happens!

Fergie

Reaction score
Members Ride
update - I've had the rack replaced under warranty, had to push a little though, happy days. :)

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
I've got same issue, SSV Redline too, 05/14 build with only 28ks. Happened twice in a week, then nothing for 3weeks then happened again. Dealer told me still under new warranty as 1st registered 01/15, better get it looked into.