Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

service vehicle soon warning. is it the oil pressure sensor?

scud3805

Reaction score
To RichardPalinkas im not going to carry on about this any further but all you are doing now is agreeing with exactly what i been saying in my last post thats what ive been saying , the Tech2 unit is used first to diagnose the fault then the repair is done thats how its normally done... learn to read the post correctly before passing on your uninformed opinion and then agreeing ..because the forum his here to help people with problems not create confusion

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
To RichardPalinkas im not going to carry on about this any further but all you are doing now is agreeing with exactly what i been saying in my last post thats what ive been saying , the Tech2 unit is used first to diagnose the fault then the repair is done thats how its normally done... learn to read the post correctly before passing on your uninformed opinion and then agreeing ..because the forum his here to help people with problems not create confusion

Unless you are confusing the terminology, a Tech2 should not have been required. An $80 OBDII Diagnostic Tool would be able to tell you that it was the Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch causing the problem (I can confirm this from personal experience), and if you were charged $180 for the entire job you would have been cheaper off buying the Diagnostic Tool and the Sensor/Switch then installing it yourself. Only a minor difference in cost, but still the less paid to Holden Service Centers the better.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
BUT the ONLY!! way you can erase the "SVS "signal is with a Tech 2 unit

maybe proof read what you post, you said that yourself, all i said was that you got ripped if you paid for them to remove the svs message because there is no need for it as it removes itself

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
btw, im pretty sure ive been on here long enough and helped many people on this forum, mr i have only posted 23 times...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You really don't need a diagnostic tool to know when the switch is stuffed. All you have to do is unplug the wiring connector from the switch and look at it closely. If it's covered with oil, and oil is leaking out the end of the switch, it's stuffed and is sure to be the cause of the error message. The switch has a very weak diaphragm which ruptures and permits oil to soak the printed circuit in the head of the switch, and to leak out into the wiring connector.