Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

show, sound or go???

Show, Go, Or sound (stereo)

• Total voters

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
show, sound or go??? what would you prefer?? IF YOU COULD ONLY HAVE ONE OUT OF THESE CHOICES! me personally i hate car sound systems i think they are a waste of space and weight and are too much of a distraction while driving, and i would definately want my car to go better before i make it look the goods...

so for me its GO all the way:thumbsup:

Last edited:

GLD-086

Reaction score
I would never get into sound systems.

I have one in my car, but it was in it, when I brought it and can't get into it.

I would love go, but show for me, is cheaper.

I'm happy to sacrifice power for something nice looking and drives nice too.:thumbsup:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
All 3!!! got a supercharged (soon to be intercooled) V8 with a few other go fast mods, getting resprayed in January, just got hsv coulson seats with headrest monitors, lowered with hbd kit and 18" rims, got a massive stereo with in dash tv, 4 pairs of speakers, (including one set for bootlid lol) 4 amps, 3 12" subs and some other goodies. So you could say we've got all the bases covered!

The stereo has been designed so most of it can be removed in less than 30 mins for to save weight on the track if necessary. I know a lot of the stuff is just weighing the car down and making it slower, but if you want a really fast car you don't start with a VT calais in the first place lol. Its a compromise between all 3 of the things mentioned.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Go, not that there is much use for a slingshot on the street but I love the feel of grunt once you get on a race track.

So that rules out a big sterio, weighs too much.
Looks are definately good, but I have always gone for the grunt first. Its a bit of fun beating people with what looks like a pile of crud

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
go n sound first (of the engine that is)
but like abit of balance aswell, u can't have a POS sleeper. so it should look nicey not ricey but also have the go to back it up n more

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Should make this into a poll.
I'd prefer show and sound, go is just as important to me but with 2 small kids i'm not looking to make the family car go any quicker then it already does!
Give me a project and it will be a different story!

binkztarr

2DA-PUB
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
i say all 3 but most important to me would be show and coming in second would be go lol

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh i shoulda made it a poll... mods??

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh ill make it a poll

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
go go go, who cares if your can doof faster than it can accelerate, who cares if your car is ricier than japans rice fields. When it is all said and done people are most impressed with how quick you can get down a 1/4 mile. Granted a car should be tidy maybe a nice set of wheels, but for me it is all about performance.